WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How to clean rust off linoleum?

CandleLadey
06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Not sure if this is a getting organized question, but I am trying to organize my kitchen and I need to get this rust spot off my floor.....LOL

Dogs bowls in big steel roaster, and he still slops water on the floor, so I have this big rust spot on the floor where it was sitting. I have tried Lime Away already, and bleach, no luck. Oxyclean, didn't work either. Anyone have a sure fire way to get rust off? Can't use anything like steel wool, it would scratch up the linoleum.

Anne

my2SeptemberSons
06-23-2007, 05:03 AM
I would suggest you try Goo B Gone. My mom is doing her roof and one of the roofers spilled roofing tar on the ground and my sister stepped in it, tracked it through the entire house before she realized she stepped in something. She used the Goo B Gone and that came off her floor I don't see why it would not work for rust?

CandleLadey
06-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I have seen that at the store, I will give it a try, thanks

Anne

cassandra
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Try Green Lightning or Magic Erasure... I've had all kinds of good luck with both!

CandleLadey
06-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Try Green Lightning or Magic Erasure... I've had all kinds of good luck with both!

Ooo, never heard of Green Lightening, but darn, those magic erasers are good, now why didn't I think of that? The Goo Be Gone didn't work....

Anne

my2SeptemberSons
06-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry it did not work. I hope that you find something though Good Luck!

justafreind
06-25-2007, 11:17 AM
If you havelinoleum that is the shiny kind, I would use the goo be gone, magic eraser will take the shine off it.
love magic eraser to.

CandleLadey
06-25-2007, 02:12 PM
magic eraser will take the shine off it.
love magic eraser to.

We rent here and the linoleum is so old there is no shine left on it! LOL I am gonna give the magic eraser a try........

Anne

my2SeptemberSons
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
CandleLadey,

Were you ever able to remove the rust stain from the linoleum?

CandleLadey
06-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Were you ever able to remove the rust stain from the linoleum?

Actually, with all the other cleaning I haven't gotten around to it yet! LOL I am going to try the vinegar and baking soda, before I try the magic eraser. Someone sent a link to uses for vinegar and it said that is good for taking stains off lineolium, so I will give it a try, let you know!

Anne

my2SeptemberSons
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
I saw that post and put in my favs. I am going to try the vinegar for dirty stained socks because with 2 boys their socks are not so pretty.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

CandleLadey
06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
2 boys their socks are not so pretty.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Are they crunchy? Now, don't laugh, my son's feet sweat really bad and when I get his socks, they are CRUNCHY! LOL

Anne

my2SeptemberSons
06-28-2007, 10:41 AM
My youngest DS's socks are crunchy and he is only 22 months. His feet sweat so much that now I let him run around sockless and shoeless no matter if we're out in the yard or not.

CandleLadey
06-28-2007, 01:00 PM
My youngest DS's socks are crunchy and he is only 22 months

Whew, so glad to hear mine is not the only one! We used to tease my brother that he had the "creeping crud" and then I have a child who actually DOES have the creeping crud! LOL

Anne