WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My candle keeps going out!

gemstones
06-07-2007, 06:06 AM
I lit 5 candles about 20 minnutes ago or so. A couple of them were just scented candles to make the house smell yummy but the one that I lit to help me bring in candles goes out about a minnute after I light it. I light it walk away sit down and it blows out. There is a little bit of wind comming in through the windows but all my other candles right next to it are still lit.

Does this have a signficant meaning?

ETA I tried moving it to different places and it keeps going out. Edited by: gemstones

Loreena
06-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Sometimes it can be the candle itself or like you mentioned... a draft in the house.
But it can also be your petition when you lit it, if you had one
Was it clear?
Was there more than one?
Are you asking for too much?

Unless you are doing prayer candles to do thanks for a list of things, you should stick with asking for only one thing at a time and be specific.

I've never had a candle quit burning, but I have had it burn so low I could barely tell it was burning. It turned out that my petition wasn't focused enough, and the message had to fight to go through.

Stop The Gossip
08-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I lit 5 candles about 20 minnutes ago or so. A couple of them were just scented candles to make the house smell yummy but the one that I lit to help me bring in candles goes out about a minnute after I light it. I light it walk away sit down and it blows out. There is a little bit of wind comming in through the windows but all my other candles right next to it are still lit.

Does this have a signficant meaning?

ETA I tried moving it to different places and it keeps going out.
Candles that blows out once twice or continuously blows out my be from interference from surrounding energies, are you using white candles to buffer the color one or even as an energy back up. Are you cleansing and blessing the candle before you light it? It could be a lot of reasons why this is happening, however I have found when this happens to me it is opposing energies that do not want the petition to be granted. What I do is burn some Frankincense, sandlewoodor church incense (which is a blend of Biblical herbs) which is my personal favoriteto break the interference and pray the “Lords Prayer” is a prayer of exorcism and is wonderful for such work and excellent for all around work. You really should not have to change loaction of your altar. Also you should not have an altar's near drafts in threat of candles being knocked over, and being blown out. Or light any candle for what ever reason near drafts.Edited by: Stop The Gossip

VenusTarot
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
sometiems you can dig out the wax crefully when its not lit to make sure that there is enough wick there to burn. Ive had candles that were hard to light or candles that burned way too fast, or candles that wouldnt stop flickering brightly..check for a physical cause