WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Where do you market your baskets?

momswhodream
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi...I have a few sites that I own and really need to work from home...but not bringing in any money!

I would love to try my hand at gift baskets. I am very creative. But where do you guys market your baskets? How do you go about it?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks so much,
Robin

Paulas_Jafra
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
hi,

What do you put in your gift baskets? I place mine in Real Estate Offices, Beauty Shops, places like that. Real Estate Offices are great because they can purchase them for new home owners. It's a nice welcome gift to leave in the kitchen or bathroom...depending on what you put in them.

pinkfrogy
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi Jafra,
I would love more info on how you approach the real estate offices and salons. Do you just leave the basket there for display? What is the average price of your baskets that they purchase?
Thank you in advance for any info you can pass my way.

Paulas_Jafra
06-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi,

I go in and ask if I can leave a Catalog or Cycle Brochure with them and tell them I custom make gift baskets. It depends on what products they want in the baskets in regard to pricing. We have several different sets ie: spa products, aromatherapy products, lotions and oils, skin care products, baby products, men's products, hair products, perfumes, colognes etc.Also we have specials that change every 2 months so they can choose those at a even greater savings. I don't charge for the basket or gift wrapping so it's the price we sell the products for.An example: Currently we have a baby set that includes 7 products for $56.
Our aromatherapy products are $59 for a set that includes a cute bag.
Hope this answered your question.

Thankful613
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Depending on your budget, you can do some great advertising or you can do some cheap advertising. Online advertising doesn't really work for me too well, I think you should do flyers or newspapers and alot of world of mouth.

valaire
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Real estate offices are great, if you have kids that are in school use the pto and donate! My school does an auction dinner, last year i had just started my home bakery and had sent samples with my daughter. One day i get a call from the top lady who wanted to use my items to serve at the dinner and also wanted me to put a basket in the auction. They also gave out fliers and business cards to help advertise for me as well! I was also asked to do a book fair, they advertised for me then as well. I got a wedding sale from the auction dinner, had to make lots and lots of peanut butter balls and oreo balls! hehehe That lady is also a regular customer now as well.

luv2travel61
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi..I was wondering if anyone sold their gift baskets at flea markets and if they had any success? My daughter and I had thought about renting a table but was not sure how it would go over.. thanks for the advice..smileys/smiley1.gif.</font>

tracilla1972
07-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Gift Baskets are such a quick and easy gift idea, but the competition online is overwhelming! The key is to make your business stand out from the crowd, but the question is "how?". Anyone have any suggestions that have worked well for them as far as gift baskets and SEO? I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

rdkatwell
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi,

I go in and ask if I can leave a Catalog or Cycle Brochure with them and tell them I custom make gift baskets. It depends on what products they want in the baskets in regard to pricing. We have several different sets ie: spa products, aromatherapy products, lotions and oils, skin care products, baby products, men's products, hair products, perfumes, colognes etc.Also we have specials that change every 2 months so they can choose those at a even greater savings. I don't charge for the basket or gift wrapping so it's the price we sell the products for.An example: Currently we have a baby set that includes 7 products for $56.
Our aromatherapy products are $59 for a set that includes a cute bag.
Hope this answered your question.

So do you have your own catalog that you make up with pictures of your baskets or what? Sounds interesting. I am really wanting to get started making gift baskets and gift items that I can sell online and to do like this by going into real estate offices, etc. but don't have a catalog or anything.

CreativelyBelle
07-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I think that promotional idea with the school raffle is great so how about expanding on that with other schools, hospitals, community centers, that sort of thing.
You're selling a solution so who needs the solution and what words would they be thinking in terms of the need/solution? Someone who is hard to shop for, someone who you don't really know too well but you want to do something for, a group gift etc etc.

Make sure your pictures clearly show the items, don't do the typical eBay thing and have the product as a little thing in the middle of a grey murk. As my old art teacher use to say "Fill the Space"!

All the best.