PDA

View Full Version : Nora,

dsfan
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I can't remember if it is you or Gwen who lives in Cuba. The reason I am asking is I saw something on a yahoo loop where an HGP event was being held at the Country Kitchen in Cuba. Ours closed down and there went 90% of my parties. I was curious as to who the owner of CK in Cuba is and some info before I contacted them to see if they might be interested in opening it back up or know of someone who might. Wish I had that kinda funding but alas, I'm not there yet. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

NStatler
05-29-2007, 07:31 AM
No - I live in Bloomfield and Gwen lives in Imperial. Maybe you're thinking about Viola? Did you see it on the Millionaire loop - Kim's team?

jrichardson
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Karen Weber from Salem, does monthly meetings at the Country Kitchen in Cuba.
Jeanie

NStatler
05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not familiar with the Country Kitchen - is that a restaurant chain? I have monthly meetings in Dexter, right now we are using a local restaurant, but I need to find a new place.

jrichardson
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Country Kitchen is a resturant chain.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it is Gwen. CK is a chain of restuarants. A lot of my hostesses loved holding their parties there since they didn't have to clean before or after, plenty of room, and it took care of those objections.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Ladies, thanks for the responses. I was wondering if you know of any meetings in Rolla? That would be closer for me to attend or even Lebanon. I listen in on all the training calls I can but I love the energy from the actual meetings as well.

NStatler
05-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Karen Weber holds meetings in that area - but I don't think they are open meetings - so unless you are on her team, you can't go (which I never understood - but that's another story).

We used to have a Diamond Leader on our team that had her meetings there. Shelly .... - the name escapes me right now - but I can see her face (don't you hate that - LOL!)

I had considered coming to Mountain Home or Mountain View (which is it - it's by West Plains) to do meetings.

A woman in Cape Girardeau has alot of her parties at O'Charlies. I do alot of summertime parties at pavillions in parks. Some of my hostesses have had their parties at their church kitchens.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Shelly Miller is who you're thinking of. She is the designer who signed me up but resigned a couple of years ago. I really liked her and was sad to see her go. Too bad that Karen doesn't make them an open meeting. Maybe I will stumble onto someone around here. Thanks for the info.

NStatler
05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
That's it!! Now I remember, I met you at the Arnold meeting last year. Do you know Viola Huitt - she lives down in that area - I think. At the very least you could carpool with her. Have you tried contacting Terri Ruble to find open meetings for you.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Viola lives about an hour away from me. Terri might be able to hook me up with some local meetings. I'll look into it. Thanks!

SLAHStyle
05-30-2007, 06:55 PM
So then you girls live near Perryville, MO? I have a very good friend who is from there and has purchased property to build a house when her husband retires (he's a doctor, she's a nurse) They want my husband and I to retire there too, I have never been to MO. Would I like it?

NStatler
05-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Cheryl -

I'm probably about an hour and a half away from Perryville. Very nice country. What kind of climate/geography do you like? It gets very hot and humid in the summertime here, but as I said - the countryside is beautiful. You are (in Perryville) not too far away from the wineries in St. Genevieve, about an hour or so to St. Louis - half an hour from Cape Girardeau (closest town for shopping, restaurants, etc.), parks.

Come on over - we'd love to meet you in person!!

Chelle -

Did you see on the loop tonight that Viola is going to order a case of catalogs, and she is wanting to see if anyone wants to split. Interested? I have her email address.

dsfan
06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I saw it. Thanks for letting me know. I contacted Wendy about the ones she had.