WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Nora,

dsfan
05-28-2007, 09:12 PM
I can't remember if it is you or Gwen who lives in Cuba. The reason I am asking is I saw something on a yahoo loop where an HGP event was being held at the Country Kitchen in Cuba. Ours closed down and there went 90% of my parties. I was curious as to who the owner of CK in Cuba is and some info before I contacted them to see if they might be interested in opening it back up or know of someone who might. Wish I had that kinda funding but alas, I'm not there yet. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

NStatler
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
No - I live in Bloomfield and Gwen lives in Imperial. Maybe you're thinking about Viola? Did you see it on the Millionaire loop - Kim's team?

jrichardson
05-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Karen Weber from Salem, does monthly meetings at the Country Kitchen in Cuba.
Jeanie

NStatler
05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm not familiar with the Country Kitchen - is that a restaurant chain? I have monthly meetings in Dexter, right now we are using a local restaurant, but I need to find a new place.

jrichardson
05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Country Kitchen is a resturant chain.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I think it is Gwen. CK is a chain of restuarants. A lot of my hostesses loved holding their parties there since they didn't have to clean before or after, plenty of room, and it took care of those objections.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Ladies, thanks for the responses. I was wondering if you know of any meetings in Rolla? That would be closer for me to attend or even Lebanon. I listen in on all the training calls I can but I love the energy from the actual meetings as well.

NStatler
05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Karen Weber holds meetings in that area - but I don't think they are open meetings - so unless you are on her team, you can't go (which I never understood - but that's another story).

We used to have a Diamond Leader on our team that had her meetings there. Shelly .... - the name escapes me right now - but I can see her face (don't you hate that - LOL!)

I had considered coming to Mountain Home or Mountain View (which is it - it's by West Plains) to do meetings.

A woman in Cape Girardeau has alot of her parties at O'Charlies. I do alot of summertime parties at pavillions in parks. Some of my hostesses have had their parties at their church kitchens.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Shelly Miller is who you're thinking of. She is the designer who signed me up but resigned a couple of years ago. I really liked her and was sad to see her go. Too bad that Karen doesn't make them an open meeting. Maybe I will stumble onto someone around here. Thanks for the info.

NStatler
05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
That's it!! Now I remember, I met you at the Arnold meeting last year. Do you know Viola Huitt - she lives down in that area - I think. At the very least you could carpool with her. Have you tried contacting Terri Ruble to find open meetings for you.

dsfan
05-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Viola lives about an hour away from me. Terri might be able to hook me up with some local meetings. I'll look into it. Thanks!

SLAHStyle
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
So then you girls live near Perryville, MO? I have a very good friend who is from there and has purchased property to build a house when her husband retires (he's a doctor, she's a nurse) They want my husband and I to retire there too, I have never been to MO. Would I like it?

NStatler
05-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Cheryl -

I'm probably about an hour and a half away from Perryville. Very nice country. What kind of climate/geography do you like? It gets very hot and humid in the summertime here, but as I said - the countryside is beautiful. You are (in Perryville) not too far away from the wineries in St. Genevieve, about an hour or so to St. Louis - half an hour from Cape Girardeau (closest town for shopping, restaurants, etc.), parks.

Come on over - we'd love to meet you in person!!

Chelle -

Did you see on the loop tonight that Viola is going to order a case of catalogs, and she is wanting to see if anyone wants to split. Interested? I have her email address.

dsfan
06-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I saw it. Thanks for letting me know. I contacted Wendy about the ones she had.