WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : verafast

ladygirl
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Had my phone interview this morning. I have read a lot of complaints about this company. Just wondering if I would be wasting my time working for them. Any comments from anyone would be appreciated.
By the way - since I was interviewed by phone does this mean that I am hired?

meme0907
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
you could always call mary & ask about your status-couldn't hurt http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

evercass
05-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I had my interview today also, and was told that if they hadn't contacted me by Thursday afternoon to call Mary.

katstringer
06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
what is verafast interview like?

list1955
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifHi-I'm new too.I had the phone interview on Friday evening.Then this morning I had a voicemail that told me to download the "packet 1".I did,filled out all the forms and mailed it.Now I just have to wait for them to receive it and send me an email with further instructions.
The phone interview is easy.She just asks you to read from the script on the website.You only have to read a bit.They seem to want to be sure the customer will be comfortable and understand what you have to say.
Then they will ask a few questions about your phone,pc,and why you would want to work there.The basic questions on any standard job application.
I'm hoping this job goes well for me because it's cold in WI in the winter and working from home would be a perfect solution.
I've read the posts also but some of the employess seem happy at Ver-A-Fast.
I think it's another case of try it for yourself.Any job has happy people and not so happy people.Like any other job they will naturally expect us to put our best foot forward.
The main thing with this position to always assure success (IMO) is to always put yourself in the customer's place and proceed accordingly.
I'll cross my fingers for both of us.Edited by: list1955

godscreation
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I worked for this company for 3 weeks and gave up. I disliked their calling procedures. You have to work from 9am-3pm or 6pm-10pm. You have to pick a shift and stick with it. It pays every week but not worth the pay

Carolina2
08-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Godscreation, it sounds like you were working in the office. That's very different from most of the people here who work at home. At home you pick your own schedule and they're extremely flexible.

evercass
08-20-2007, 09:10 AM
True for the scheduling comment Carolina2, I have since found a great job that lets me be pretty flexible in choosing hours and has better pay. Not saying if you want you shouldn't try Vfast but there are others out there if this particular one doesn't work for you. I have found that to get the one that is right you may end up waiting quitea while, but it should be worth it.

godscreation
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
No I worked at home and the rep that I was assigned to required that I work either 10-1 or 6-9. I was required to submit a schedule to her and when I missed my log in time I got an email regarding it.

Carolina2
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I think you misunderstood your ICC. There are times to call each day but you don't have to sign up for shifts like your post implied. You could do 2 hours one day, one hour the next day, 4 hours the next-whichever fits your schedule. They need to know who's going to be working when so they know when to schedule the campaigns. But if something comes up and you need to change it, there's no problem as long as you tell your ICC.

amelia07
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I was just hired by Verafast and was all excited until I was told otherwise, did not know I would be the one calling and was lied to about that. I don't even answer my courtesy calls and don't know if I can handle this. I need a job and a part of me wants to try it but am nervous. I also misunderstood that I thought I would be paid hourly but apparently not according to the posts. Don't know if I should fill the forms out and give it a shot but hate courtesy calls or just ignore it. Any suggestions out there? Do you constantly get hang ups and nasty comments?

Carolina2
09-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes, we get some hang ups and rude people, but it's not constant by any means.

CowboyFan08
10-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Is the flexible job you found hiring? if so can you give me there information? thankshttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

mzaremba
10-24-2007, 07:59 AM
hello - new to the message board. Would like to know a little about Verafast - have any of you had a good experience? I just recieved my contract via e-mail. Can anyone tell me anything I should know possitive. Thanks for the feed back - mzaremba

chamberj
10-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I worked for them almost two years ago before I had any call experience. I think that it is a good place to start and learn the ropes. Yes, there were rude callers. But after being an Inbound and Outbound CSR for over two years, I think their rude people are a piece of cake.

cindy2159
12-08-2007, 09:21 PM
If you got called your hired, i just started working for them . I see all the negitive stuff on here. These woman on here are like black cats. Ready to claw who ever. This is my first week, i love it here.

GoldenGirl25
12-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Good for you, cindy2159. I've been with Verafast for 2 months, and I love it, too! Good Luck!

cindy2159
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh my gosh, i love this company verafast for a month now i love it here, yes i worked in a phone center for over 8 yrs, the people was so mean and rude, here its very rare i get a rude or mean person, its VERY EASY job, you set your own hrs. i make very good pay check. i bonused 53.00 the first check, i bonused 80.00 the second check.
you can set there no boss hovering over you, you can work as much or as little as you want.
you don,t have to pay for gas, baby sitters. I do not understand some people, you want pd for doing nothing, yet you want everything for nothing. you have to work to make money.
the manager i have christina is great. i have other work at home jobs, boss,s stink, the work is bad, i have to fight to get my money, here you dont.
with any job, people are going to complain about something. if i listened to them i would not have a job i just love, try it. dont listen to others ,if i did i would not had a job i love.

ktfin777
02-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I was recently hired by Verafast and I sent off the paperwork. The lady seemed nice and didn't mind I have Vista,lol. I also wanted to work for Cloud 10 and am still waiting response from West(I would'nt do all three!) Does anyone know if I can work for one of those other co's and Verafast? Thanks!

fawnmommy
02-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I just applied. Any idea how long it takes to hear from them?

ktfin777
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
It took a week or so...not very long. I had an interview with Cloud 10 today and they said I could only work for them...no other companies so I don't know what to do.

ktfin777
03-03-2008, 08:25 AM
I started with Verafast and was told I needed to pick a schedule and stick with it also. She said there was make up days to work if needed but that I had to do 6 hours during the day and 9 hours of evening/weekend. I noticed here there are people saying that's not true...

Carolina2
03-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Well, it's true and not true :) They do want you to choosea schedule and stick with it as much as possbile, but they also know that things come up sometimes which means you'll need to work other hours. They're very flexible. They just want to know in advance if you do need to change your schedule.

ktfin777
03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks...she did tell me there was make-up time for lost hours. I just thought I could work whenever I wanted to. Is there ever a schedule that I do not have to do 9 evening/weekend hours and 6 day?

Carolina2
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Actually, you'd be better off doing as many night and weekend hours as possible. That's when more people are home and answering their phones. Since you contact more people, you make more money. But if that isn't good for you, I'd talk to your ICC again.

Cococure
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi!!! I am new here. I just had a phone interview with Ver A Fast. I would like to know if anyone else has comments on the company. I also work for West, but they don't have any hours and I am blocked for an I-9 violation.

Sandrasmileys/smiley1.gif

TrinaC
03-16-2008, 02:24 AM
HI. i'm new here. I also got a call from ver-a-fast. I am going to print and sign my paperwork tomorrow and return it to them. Hope i have better luck with this company than others who did not.

madernia
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Does Verafast call you or do they email you when they try to make first contact?

TrinaC
04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Verafast called and interviewed me over the phone. I have decided not to go with verafast, but dont let my decision influence yours.

TrinaC
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Verafast called and interviewed me over the phone. I have decided not to go with verafast, but dont let my decision influence yours.

TrinaC
04-02-2008, 12:59 PM

tammiehouston
05-15-2008, 06:59 AM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gifhey i agree with you on that one , my icc gave me choice of picking 15 hours and said that it had to be in between 930 am -2pm or 6pm to 10pm i could not work out side those hours and she specifically said that i had to stick to that schedule every single day , so no you did not misunderstand your icc , u understerstood her correctly because i was basically told thesame thing ,

tammiehouston
05-15-2008, 07:08 AM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifbut i must say that the work is very easy, been with them for a few weeks now only received one check thus far and it was over 300 bucks , i enjoy the work , i do 2 hours in the day and a hour at night monday through friday i dont do weekends because me and my family loves to travel a lot , so i knew that wouldnt work but im now about to cut my fridays off , because we are about to head back to disney for the fourth time this year , and then to the nick hotel , and off to few cruises , and plus im in college as well , so everything is balanced out , enjoying life and loving it , no complaints really , if you get a mean person on the phone , kill em with kindness , say thank you and u have a great day , , i got too much GOD in me for anything so small to ever bother me , it actually makes me smile , because i know that through my smile and my voice i may have just made someone else have a brighter and better day , so look at it like that , and u too will be successful and have fun , hey play yahoo games or something while in between calls , watch a great sitcom , talk shows , court shows, and before u know it time has flown by , my husband comes in and rubs my neck while im on calls and sometimes does my feet , and my hair so that makes the time fly by before you know it , even a little play play time lol , goodluck all have fun and take it one day at a time ,

Carolina2
05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually, those hours that you posted are the only hours the dialers are running right now. In other words, those are the only hours you can call because the dialer is offline at other times. However, you could work 10-1 one day and noon to 2 another day and 6-8 the next day; you don't have to work the exact hours of 9:30 - 2:00 or 6-10. There is still a whole lot of flexibility in the hours.

tammiehouston
05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
well yeah , responding to carolina , she just told me to choose the hours i want , in between those hours , but once i pick them i have to stick to them , and i asked what if i wanted different hours next week , she stated she prefer that i stick with the hours on the schedule , but i have a question , do u submit a new schedule everyweek , or u just follow the one you chose in the beginning , is she going to be asking me for a new schedule submission for next week , ? just curioushttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

Carolina2
05-16-2008, 07:07 AM
With my ICC I don't have to submit a new schedule every week. I work the hours that I chose, but if I need to change my schedule then I just let her know. So the only time I'm submitting anything is if I need to change my schedule. But I'd ask your ICC to be sure just in case she wants you to do it differently.

LoLo113
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I assume that none of you posting in this topic are located in Ohio? Mary asked me a few questions via phone, and then I had an interview at the office. I will need to go to an orientation next Thursday (I'll make a live call, and learn how to use the system. from 6pm-10pm errr its like a 15/20 minute drive, depending on traffic.), and then for the first 4 weeks, I will need to work at the office location one day out of the week. I get to choose what day and time, but aghhh that's not fair, they should just do for me what they did for you guys! haha So...I am still excited about starting, but I am going to need to figure out this 1099 stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as if I should put money away, or when to file, or anything? Thanks a bunch!smileys/smiley10.gif

05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
So, I had a question. I had my webinar on wednesday, did calls wednesday night, and then last night night(thursday). Then my icc calls asks if I can work on saturday, and she'd call me monday. What does that mean? Am I still in training?

backtomyself12
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Ktfin777,

I also applied to West and waited to hear from them for almost a month. Just a day or so ago, I came across a post from another wahm here on the forum who was suggesting to another wahm to contact them and check on her status. So, I figured I'd give it a whirl too since I'd been waiting and checking the website for a bit now. I emailed them at the address on the website (where you go back to check your application status), and in less than 4 minutes (seriously), one of their reps got back to me with my application status. Try it... You never know. At least this way, you'll know where your status lies and won't be waiting anymore. Best of luck to you!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

homebasedforlive
06-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi,

With Verafast are you an employee or ic? Is there a set amount of hours
you have to work per week? Is there a set amount of pay per hour? Sorry
for all the questions! TIA!

tammiehouston
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
THE FIRST WEEK YOU CAN WORK ANY HOURS YOU WOULD LIKE AND AS MANY HOURS AS YOU WOULD LIKE , TRUST ME IT WILL PAY OFF , AND THERES NO SET HOURLY PAY, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO RESERVE AT LEAST 15 HOURS TO START WITH , AND TRY STICKING TO THAT SCHEDULE , ITS YOUR CHOICE ON THE HOURS YOU RESERVE SO THINK ABOUT WHAT DAYS U WANNA HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS OR TRAVEL OR DO A WEEKEND GET AWAY , AND DONT PLAN FOR THOSE DAYS TO BE YOUR RESERVED HOURS AND YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE , THE MORE CREDITS YOU GET , WHICH IS THE MORE PEOPLE YOU CONTACT , AND BE ABLE TO CODE THERE CALLS WHETHER YES OR NO , THEN YOU GET PAID FOR THAT , SO AS U SEE THE MORE YOU WORK THE MORE PEOPLE U CHAT WITH AND THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE AT THE END OF THE DAY , SO GOOLUCK , ITS FUN THOUGH