WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : energy pills? age limit?

wahally
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine went to a convenience store yesterday with her 12yr old son. She was pumping gas and the son was getting a pepsi. Anyway, there was a customer in front of him that bought energy juice like stackers. The child asked the cashier what the man just bought and she said, "it is juice that makes you feel good and gives you energy." The child was enticed and bought some too. He is on ADHD meds. He went home and took a sip and gave it to his mother, saying he did not like the taste. Is there a law saying that you can't buy stackers, energy pills etc unless you are a certain age? I think there should be if there is not.

My friend went back to the store this morning and told the cashier not to sell her son anything like that again. The cashier was nice and said she would not sell him that product anymore. Luckily he did not like the taste. No telling how it would have reacted with his ADHD medication.

Ally

chrlstoncharmed
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Do you know what the drink was? Some of them have a lot of caffeine (andI think caffeine has the opposite effectfor those with ADHD) but others are just pumped full of B vitamins. I'd definitely want to know what was in it before my kid had some, though!

wahally
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it was stackers. My friend had a talk with her son and told him he needs to come to her or his dad before he takes something that a stranger says will make you "feel good." I am just glad he did not like the taste.
Ally

Itsjusmeli
05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Those products could be dangerous for someone with heart trouble also. Caffeine causes arrythmias. (Not sure if I spelled that right).