WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anyone hear of Vaco Staffing?

mbosh237
04-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I was just offered a job from there and was wondering if anyone has heard of them and if they were legit. I looked them up on the BBB and it says they have a satisfactory rating. Here was the ad they placed and the e-mail description I got from them. I would really appreciate any thoughts!!!

About Us

Vaco Staffing is a division of the fastest growing recruiting firm in Nashville. Vaco Staffing is a customer-focused, premier provider of administrative, accounting and financial employment solutions. Our internal team is comprised of professionals with over 32 years combined experience in placement and staffing industries.

Our strength is our ability to match talented and experienced professionals to the unique business needs of the client. Our team-based approach allows us to develop effective, customized solutions quickly and efficiently. We strive to build long-term relationships, and to provide higher quality service and produce better results.

We provide contingent staffing as well as permanent placement in the following areas:

Office/ Administrative support
Staff Accountants
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
Credit and Collections
Customer Service
Bookkeepers

Vaco Staffing is a division of Vaco, LLC. Our sister divisions, Vaco Resources, Vaco Technology, Vaco Financial and Continuum Search provide highly skilled, seasoned professionals for finance, accounting, IT and executive search needs.

Vaco Staffing provides the highest quality staffing solutions for accounting, clerical, management, sales and other professional positions on a contract, contract to hire and permanent basis. Our strength is our ability to match your talent and expertise as a professional to the unique business needs of your future employer. We offer you a solution - a career solution that allows you to free yourself to focus on what you do best.

And the email I received:
Job Description
*Co-ordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment
process.
* Receive checks, wire transfers and/or ACH payments accurately and timely.
* Review accounts receivable aging to identify past due accounts.
* Cash Payment at your Bank
* Process payment from anywhere in the country
* You are to deduct $650 weekly and forward balance via western union
to any of our branch office in U.S after deducting your weekly wages.
Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them
cashed in your bank,this job takes only 5-8 hrs/week. You'll have a lot of
free time doing another job, you'll get good income and regular job.
You will notify me a week ahead if eventually you want to
discontinue this job so as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict.

Aslyn
04-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the same old money laundering scam..I would avoid this one like the plague

Margmk
04-01-2007, 02:39 PM
smileys/smiley4.gifNO LEGITCOMPANY....does this..
"You are to deduct $650 weekly and forward balance via western union
to any of our branch office in U.S after deducting your weekly wages. "

PLUS.. "this job takes only 5-8 hrs/week" for ???? "You are to deduct $650 weekly"..ummm....sounds too good to be true usually is!! smileys/smiley2.gif

Just wondering...have you read the "stickies" (the discussions that stay at the top of each msg board permanently)..at the top of this folder? Especially the first 4 discussions..if you havent that will help give you LOTS of info...smileys/smiley4.gif

softgirl1953
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
scam, scam, scam, run as fast as you can, and if i were you i would report to the authorities, ftc, bbb, fbi, and paypal

mbosh237
04-01-2007, 04:27 PM
The whole part about cashing things at my bank and wiring definitely se off some bells, and then topping it off with making 650 in 4-5 hours really sealed it. It didn't say anything about that stuff when I applied.

After I posted, I went back to their website to see if that person really worked there. Well, she does but the email addys are slightly different. I'm 99% sure that whoever posted that ad is pretending to be the company. I emailed the woman they are claiming to be and let her know.

I thougt it was very odd to 1) have gotten the job so quickly (I sent it yesterday and heard back today) and 2) gotten it without even an interview. I just hope that others don't fall for it.

Erica Jane
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Theres no way they can be legit with the BBB unless the had a legit business previously then changed over to scams.

AVOID IT!

DOn't apply with any info. Fishing Ya know!