WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Folder Labels

cyndiecyndie
01-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok, again, I know this was talked about a month or so ago, but I looked through the pages (since the search thing isn't working for me) and I cannot find it. I am drawing a writers block (so to speak) in naming all the files that I need to put in my new file cabinet. For a while, i just had lia sophia stuff in a binder -- annnnd that doesnt' work since the business is slowly growing. I have now expanded into our guest room, using the desk (for all my scrapbooking) and the closet, for my lia sophia. (and the new seven drawer organizer i bought too).... i need help on naming the files/drawers. any ideas? thanks in advance ladies -- this site has helped me so much!!

Cyndie lou whoo :)

krispyrice1230
01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm still working on mine, but here is what I have so far:

Business reciepts (folders, copies, invites, stamps, etc.)

LS reciepts (Jewelry)

each customer gets their own file

Bank Statements

Mileage (I track this on the computer, but I also have a folder with mapquest printouts.)

That's about it for now. I actually have a dedicated office space in the new house, so I am also working on finding a permanent orginazation solution to all of my clutter. I figure I will just do it right as I get things out of the boxes, and then I won't have to reorganize my office every few months!

LuvsGoldens
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I have the following:

One for each month, one for each of my inserts for my hostess packet (i.e., thanks, hostess wish list, outside order forms, etc.), contract info, business expenses, labels (i.e. with subfolders for return addy, past hostesses, etc.), party history for all prior hostesses and income taxes. All of the forms, labels and party history are also in the computer as those can be amended and/or deleted as need be.

mom4christ123
01-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Folder labels? What are those?! smileys/smiley9.gifsmileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

LuvsGoldens
01-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Oh, I almost forgot, I also have2 setsof monthly folders - 1 set for party paperwork for the shows and another for any ls paperwork I get in the mail.