WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Essential Oils as Perfumes

amber4842
12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Does anyone use their oils as perfumes?

I can't wear synthetic fragrances because theyflare up my asthma and I end up coughing and wheezing the rest of the day. Because YL's essential oils are pure grade therapuetic I don't have any problem using or wearing them :)

I like Joy, makes me feel good too smileys/smiley1.gif

I'm thinking about mixing some single oils to see what kind of scents I can come up with.

Has anyone done this?

What are your favorite blends?

Please share unique ideas on using essential oils.

~Amber

IndigoMom
12-20-2006, 01:23 PM
I know someone that wears Joy as a perfume as well. I don't own that one... YET! smileys/smiley2.gif

BlessYourHeart
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I want to wear the EO's as perfume also. I haven't worn cologne in years because it gives me a headache. I wonder how those Terra Cotta pendants would work?

Shana

Seabead
12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
That's all I wear for scent because of the allergies that other things cause. I like Sandalwood, Joy, Sensation and Valor and the wannabe 60's kid in me likes Patchouli, lol, but it is a bit strong and a lot of people (like my dd) find it unpleasant.

Let us know the result of your mixes.

southernbg
12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I love to wear Valor and Lavender as perfume. Alot of people at work love me when I am wearing Purification too. I get alot of complements about that one.

Natalie

amber4842
12-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Received the YL Essential Lifestyle magazine in the mail yesterday and they had an ariticle in there about Essential Oils as perfumes smileys/smiley1.gif

Some of the oils suggested are rose, ylang ylang, and jasmine.

I'll post later on the fragrance description of each oil, gotta run out the door right now.

~Amber

amber4842
12-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Ok, back from yoga. Today the yoga instructor used Jasmine oil on us, it smells wonderful. I think that's going to be my next "perfume" oil. smileys/smiley1.gif

Here's the scent descriptions for rose,ylang ylang, and jasmine quoted from the YL Essential Lifestyle magazine.

Rose Oil: a beautiful floral and sweet fragrance that is intoxicating and highly romantic. It helps brings balance and harmony with stimulating and uplifting properties that create a sense of well being and self confidence.

Ylang Ylang Oil: a sweet, soft, flowery fragrance that has made it

a romantic favorite. In Indonesia, the petals are often strewn across a marriage bed. Ylang Ylang is extremely effective in calming and bringing about a sense of relaxation, and it may help with releasing feelings of anger, tension, and nervous irritability.

Jasmine Oil: a warm, exotic, floral fragrance that relaxes, soothes, and uplifts,and also enhances self-confidence. It has been used throughout history for romance and attraction and for balancing the feminine energy of the body.

I probably won't have time until after the first of the year to blend single oils together to try to come up with a new fragrance. I'll post and let you know if I do come up with anything smileys/smiley1.gif

~Amber

IndigoMom
12-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I think I'll start wearing Abundance in the new year.

hey... can't hurt. smileys/smiley2.gif

amber4842
12-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Good idea smileys/smiley32.gifI hadn't thought of that.

I think I'm going to do the same :)

I could use some Abundance right about now smileys/smiley36.gif

southernbg
12-22-2006, 04:14 PM
That is a wonderful idea! A perfect oil for 2007! I sure need to get some myself.

Natalie

IndigoMom
12-22-2006, 06:46 PM
I wore it today and loved how calm it made me feel. I sat in horrible traffic all day and even got flipped the bird for not going through a red light intersection by the impatient guy behind me.... and it didn't even phase me!

Gotta love the holiday rush. I'll what I can to make MY day a serene one!

IndigoMom
12-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh... and the Abundance thing...

I found $360.00 in my purse today! Ok... so my husband put it in there for me to drop at the bank, but I didn't know it so it was found money to me!! smileys/smiley36.gif

amber4842
12-22-2006, 10:38 PM
the abundance is working already smileys/smiley36.gif

That oil is definitely going into my autoship order :)

Ohiobunny, how do you like your diffuser? Did the peace and calming work with the kids?

IndigoMom
12-23-2006, 08:26 AM
i LOVE my diffuser... but I have a habit of forgetting stuff and it runs dry pretty quick. Gotta keep it where you can have an eye on it.

I'm diffusing Peace & Calming AT THIS VERY MOMENT. These kids are driving me up a wall. School cannot start againsoon enough. smileys/smiley2.gif