WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anyone work for Gorge Warehouse?

WAHProfessional
12-02-2006, 09:12 AM
This sounds legit. Anyone work for them? They list jobs for customer service reps, data entry and sales as far as telecommuting. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them? http://www.gorgewarehouse.com/ then go to "employment"

Joan

mattamama
12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
This is kind of strange:

<h5>Send mail to <a href="mailto:someone@microsoft.com" target="_blank">
someone@microsoft.com</a> with
questions or comments about this web site.</font></h5></font>

WAHProfessional
12-02-2006, 12:01 PM
What do you think is strange about it? Just curious! :) I got this lead from someone I consider to be a pretty reliable source, but I did not have time to sit and read every word.. just sort of scanned over it.

WorkAtHomeSpace
12-02-2006, 12:17 PM
You don't find the email address strange? I think the entire website is strange.

Edited by: Mystique

WAHProfessional
12-02-2006, 12:30 PM
LOL... I guess I will have to look closer... I MUST have been in a hurry!

I remember thinking the website was just a little generic looking, maybe put up by someone who did not know much about web aesthetics. ;) I definitely would not consider it Best of the Web (http://bestoftheweb.com) material. Just looks a little warehousey... which, it is for a warehouse... so that makes sense. Maybe some of you web designers can write and offer to improve the look of their site! :)

I don't see what a person would have to lose by inquiring about their openings, it is not like they are asking you to pay anything. If I did not already have a job where I work 60+ hours a week from home with afore mentioned BEST OF THE WEB ... I would ask about it. Just my .02 though. Not a guarantee since I don't know them personally. ;)

Joan

jak80
12-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I actually tried to apply and it just went to paypal for some reason. I then tried to send a test email to the address listed and it came back to me undelieverable. I would be inclined to say that something is not right with this company. Edited by: jak80

WAHProfessional
12-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Wow .. that is so weird. I think I will take their survey they have on their home page and see what happens! I mean I am just surprised and if I find out this is a bad lead, I will need to inform the person who informed me about it because they are really picky about who they will refer! I love WAHM where we can bounce this stuff off of each other and weed out the bad ones to get to the roses! smileys/smiley2.gif

brtsqd3
12-02-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.gorgewarehouse.com/application.htm (http://www.gorgewarehouse.com/application.htm)

here is their application.

brtsqd3
12-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I started to apply for the data entry position says possible telecommute, till it wanted my ss# &amp; dob. Not something I'm comfortable giving out without knowing something about the company first.

If anyone applies let us know.

WAHProfessional
12-02-2006, 01:26 PM
yes, i would want to know the site was secured first. I wonder if you can fill out the ap and tell them that you will give them that information on the phone or something? Joan

Meshell04
12-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I wasn't too comfortable with giving out my SS# of DOB either...

msuggitt
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
It was also goofy how if you did not check "no" at the bottom of the application page you automatically are given affiliate status. I will pass on filling out this lead. I hope that whoever did fill out the form keeps updated on what became of this.