Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Service & Membership > Ameriplan

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to CynthiaW
Question How will Health Care Reform Effect AmeriPlan?

I know this is a questions many people have these days, based on following the news, I had an idea that what was happening wouldn't have much impact on us. We got confirmation of that in a newsletter from Corporate. Please see below.

Hugs and blessings to you all,

Cynthia

Quote:
Dear Tim & Cynthia,

AmeriPlan is keenly interested in the outcome of any and all healthcare legislation as it may impact the Company, Independent Business Owners, Providers and Members. We want you all to be aware that we are monitoring these activities very closely as to any impact that legislation may have on your business.

It is highly unlikely that the Senate bill or the ensuing compromise bill will look like the 1,990 page House version. Whatever the final bill contains, and if that bill passes the Senate, it will take several years for the act to be fully implemented.

As many of you know, our Senior Vice President, Julia Baker is on the Board of the National Association of Dental Plans, and through the association's lobbying efforts, is in touch with what is happening. It is our goal to follow the progress of the proposals as they go through the Senate and then the conference committee.

We have positioned AmeriPlan to be able to deal with whatever comes out of Washington by bringing out several new non-health related programs for you and your members. They are: FreedomPass, SecureNet, and APAccessSaver, which are the finest family savings programs of their kind in the country.

Having said that, we have not seen to date anything that would be severely detrimental, and as a matter of fact, certain provisions that might actually help our core dental program business.

Be confident that we are constantly protecting your interest in this matter. We feel that Federal legislation will always provide opportunities for businesses and AmeriPlan is poised to take advantage of the opportunities that will present themselves, should this legislation pass Congress.

Last edited by jnmurra; 05-05-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: to remove link
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Yep and that's what I told a prospect IBO yesterday when she had that question and here it is in black and white too!!

~Linda

Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs

Good info to have thanks Cynthia
Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Send a message via AIM to sgoodknight Send a message via MSN to sgoodknight Send a message via Yahoo to sgoodknight
Default Agree.

I think what most people need to understand is that IF and its a huge if in my mind it does actually go through that Obama most likely will not go a 2nd term. Then this could actually be killed.

I just wish that people honestly did their research on programs like this because it will HURT our country. It will hurt our elderly people greatly and it will be best for when you are young and at the peak of your life.

A bill like this says that a person with Degenerative Ocular Disease will NEED to go BLIND in one eye BEFORE they will begin treatment to save the other eye. However, it will be far too late for that.

Its just sad that a woman who is in her late 50's and come's down with breast cancer will NOT be given the best treatment. Its just a shame.

You can see where I sit on a health care reform like Washington is going for!

This ad will disappear if you login