Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Alpine Access

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Super WAHM

What states does Alpine Access hire in?</span>
<ul>[*]Alpine actively hires in Colorado, Utah, Texas, Arizona and Florida (Updated 1/8/07 - Only these states for the time being. I can't tell you about any other states until it is official, so, as of right now, these are it)[*]In addition, we have hired in Oregon in the past[*]New states are added, but it is a slow process. We are about to launch in 2 new states very soon; when I am allowed to announce it, I will.[*]Please do not ask me "does AA hire in Guam???".....the above listed states are it, if any new ones become official, I'll update the page.[/list]How do you apply for Alpine Access?</span>
<ul>[*]CLICK HERE to go directly to hiring page[/list]How long is the process?</span>
<ul>[*]There is no set time for the application process. It can be very quick or it could take a long time.[*]It is very dependent on our current needs and the season (slow time is about May thru Sept usually)[/list]What about long distance?</span>
<ul>[*]We recently upgraded our phone system and we now have local access numbers for almost all areas we cover.[*]We have back-up local access numbers, in case our primary provider goes down (not all areas have back-up local numbers)[*]If there is an issue where the local access numbers do not work, we have Toll Free numbers (and PIN's) that we have as an emergency back-up. IT/HD releases the numbers and OCC helps spread the information[/list]What are the computer requirements?</span>
<ul>[*]Too low in my opinion, I have requested they be increased.[*]A reliable personal computer which meets the following system
requirements: Windows 2000 or XP (Home, Professional, or Media Edition), Pentium
II 300 MHz or faster processor, 600MB free hard drive space, 256 MB RAM,
Internet Explorer 6.xSP1 or later (IE Version 7.0 is a beta version and
therefore NOT acceptable), antivirus software with current and updated virus
definitions, and installed anti-spyware software.[/list]What do you suggest?</span>
<ul>[*]Windows 2000 (SP4) or XP Home or Pro (SP2)--Stay away from Vista for now.[*]2.0GHz Processor (not Celeron) or greater[*]512MB of NON-SHARED Memory (this means that your graphics have their own memory...i.e. a graphics card)--The more the better in my opinion (I used 1GB of paired, dual-channel memory)[*]At least 20GB free space on your Hard Drive[*]Norton Anti-Virus, McAfee, Kaspersky, BitDefender or eTrust for Anti-Virus[*]Free anti-virus programs are worth what they cost....I see too many issues with them[*]NOTE: Adaware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster ARE NOT anti-virus, they are for removal of minor spyware/mal-ware apps.[/list]Internet Connection Requirements?</span>
<ul>[*]DSL or Cable High-Speed internet only[*]128Kbps upload/download speed (the faster the better...I run a 10Mbps connection)[*]Don't know your speed? <a href="http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/" target="_blank" target="_blank">CLICK HERE (requires Java)
</a>[*]Satellite or Radio internet? Nope, way too many issues with these services.[/list]Telephone Line Requirements?</span>
<ul>[*]For now, Analog phone lines only, no Digital (i.e. Comcast Digital Voice, Vonage, Skype, etc.)[*]Do you have Digital and don't know it? If there is a phone line connected to your Cable modem, then you do.[*]Why can't I use digital service? Two reasons: (1) Security and (2) Digital phone systems screw with the keypad tones. You will have random instances where you cannot log into the Sparc Softphone (SSP) because our servers won't recognize the tones.[*]We would like to support Digital lines and VoIP, but we are still working on getting them to work consistently with our SSP servers.[/list]Hints and Tricks</span>
<ul>[*]Keep your computer well-maintained (defrag regularly, spyware scans, etc)--This is the same as keeping your car running for a "real job". Alpine goes waaaay beyond the call of duty to help you keep your computer operational, but ultimately, it is your computer and your responsibility[*]Use Internet Explorer (IE) just for work, and use a safer browser (i.e. Firefox or Opera) for your everyday surfing. I prefer Firefox, but Opera is a very good browser too. I only use IE for work (my homepage is the Alpine login page) and I do everything else in Firefox--I have had zero issues with IE doing this.[*]Don't download "free programs" unless you are 100% sure they are safe. Is there a program that looks cool, but you don't know if it is safe or not? Google is your friend.[*]Still not sure about a program you are interested in? Ask first. Don't install it and hope.[*]RTFM - In other words, read the instructions. I will be very, very blunt here. About 90% of the issues I come across are user-related. You can work for any AA program and have almost no issues if you (a) are careful and (b) use the applications properly. And yes, this includes G*. A very large portion of G* issues can be avoided by doing this the correct way.[/list]Are there opportunities to move up within Alpine?</span>
<ul>[*]Yes, but the opportunities are not plentiful, so you have to really stand out. I started as an agent and have moved up several times, so it is very possible....but you need to be stellar.[*]Adherence Issues? I have zero and have had zero the entire time I have worked for Alpine. It can be done. Having adherence issues is an easy way to get the wrong kind of attention.[*]Too many calls to the Help Desk. We track and record every single call you make to the Help Desk. If you call the Help Desk too many times for what we consider user-related issues, you may get recommended for corrective action.[/list]Do people in the corporate office read this board?
</span><ul>[*]Yes (who and how much? I don't exactly know)[*]However, it isn't read looking for things to get people in trouble for.[*]Marketing reads the board to get an idea of how things are going[*]I have forwarded certain threads to management if I think there is an issue that needs to be addressed (i.e. troubles with a recruiter)[*]Corp. does, however, get concerned when private client-related info is revealed....so please watch yourself on that. [*]The call-center industry is very cut-throat. If someone isn't looking to take your clients from you, your clients are shopping other vendors. Alpine takes the release of company-specific information very seriously.[/list]Edit 01/07/07 - Updated states AA hires in

Edited by: Ass't To Heinz
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Super WAHM

This was a great idea, this will help a lot of people.

CaseyEdited by: crbloom
Katlyn Nicole- 6
Gabriel Ethan- 3
Rachel Marie- 19 months
Step-Mom To:
Elizabeth Grace- 11
Evan Robert- 8
Old 10-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to usagranny Send a message via Yahoo to usagranny

Would Atlanta happen to be one of the next locations on the Alpine list?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 AM
Super WAHM

They are not allowed to disclose any information at the current time. As soon as Ass't To Heinz is able to announce it, I am sure that he will. They are still in the process of getting the new states all in order.

Casey
Edited by: crbloom
Katlyn Nicole- 6
Gabriel Ethan- 3
Rachel Marie- 19 months
Step-Mom To:
Elizabeth Grace- 11
Evan Robert- 8
Old 11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered WAHM

GOOD NEWS

Alpine is now hiring in FLORIDA!![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2006, 08:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Woohoo and congrats to everyone in Florida who have been waiting! [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Hey there all!! I just got off the phone with Janet from the Corp AA office and she said they are still only hiring in Colorado, Utah, Texas and Arizona.

I'm concerned now... I told a few girlfriends from FL to apply but now they'll just be "on-file." [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Spritlady, did you recieve printed/ written material from AA indicating thatFL was open now?

[img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]~ Vanessa ~
Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

I am also in Florida and I just did my voice audition.

I saw the last post about Florida and called.

They confirmed that as of November 1st they are NOW hiring in Florida.

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2006, 05:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Awesome!!!
Welcome Florida agents!!!!!! :-)
My girlfriends will be very very pleased!!!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]I am so excited!
Thanks KC!!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchaser
Awesome!!!
Welcome Florida agents!!!!!! :-)
My girlfriends will be very very pleased!!!! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]I am so excited!
Thanks KC!!

Hi,

I am in Florida and applied last month. I just went on their site and logged in, said I am currently not in their recruiting area. I emailed them and hope to get a response of some kind. Anyone in Florida been hired yet?[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

This ad will disappear if you login