Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Alpine Access

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi all! I'm new to the post and of course I have recently joined to find information about telecommute jobs. Anyway I was wondering does anyone know what is the basis or guidelines for the credit check Alpine issues? Any help would be highly appreciated

Also does anyone know of a job aside from Cloud 10 that accepts VOIP or doesn't do extensive credit checks? Thanks

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to rickiwilliams

They are just looking to see if there is any fraud. They do not care if you have bad credit or not.

HTH,
Ricki
Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Registered WAHM

I just saw that another person posted that she did well on everything but the credit check and they turned her down based on her credit. If they looked for fraud that would be on a background check. I guess that I feel like the other person who said she got turned down. It's bad when you possess the skills and you have a clean background but you get turned down b/c you made some bad decisions regarding money. O well, I really wanted to work for that company.
Do you know of any others that hire w/o credit check, and accepts VOIP?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered WAHM

I was recently hired by Alpine Access, and my credit score is low due to some mortgage problems in my recent past. My interviewer told me they are looking for 4 major negative reports in the past 4 years - things like reposessions, bankruptcies, foreclosures, charge-offs, and large problems like that. I was actually afraid my credit wouldn't pass the test, but evidently it did. So it's worth a try, even if your credit history isn't spotless.

Also remember that Alpine Access only accepts about 2% of all applicatants. So they are looking for what they perceive to be the very best. I'm not saying anyone who isn't accepted isn't the best, just that AA is being veryselective in theirhiring process.

Wishing everyone all the best!

PartTimePro
Old 03-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks so much. That was a big help. Now I feel better about applying. How do you like it so far.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Well, I've just barely gotten my feet wet with the company so far. I'm waiting to begin training, but I'm quite surprised by all the many security processes they go through. I've had several high security jobs (major airport ramp clearance, international courier, US Customs clearance) that have required about the same level of assurance. It's just surprising. But I guess a good deal of this is due to the Homeland Security Act and related concerns, and the fact that I will be dealing directly with people's finances and credit card info.

I did a good deal of investigation and research on AA too, and they appear to be a fine company with lofty goals and a clear direction and business path they intend to pursue. They seem to put a high priority on customer satifaction, and realize that the way to that goal is to have happy agents, so they move towards making the work experience a positive one for the agents, at least on paper. I can easily imagine they will be leaders in work at home pay and benefits. They position themselves in their market this way, and that's certainly a good angle for theagents. Time will tell!

PartTimePro

Edited by: PartTimePro
Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to alaird

I WAS HIRED BY ALPINE ACCESS. I DID EXCELLENT ON THE INTERVIEWS PASS THE BACKGROUND CHECK, BUT THEY TOKE BACK THE JOB OFFER BACK DUE TO DISCREPANCIES ON MY CREDIT REPORT, AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEY SAID THEY TOKE THE JOB BACK. I EVEN SIGNED TAX, DIRECT DEPOSIT, AND EQUIPMENT AGREEMENT PAPERS. I EVEN NOTARIZED DOCUMENTS. NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to alaird

YES THEY DO CARE BECAUSE THAT IS THE EXACT REASON I HAD THE JOB OFFERED TO ME THEN TAKEN BACK.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:42 AM
WAHM Regular

The credit check is a new thing. When I was hired in August, they ddin't do credit checks. Thank goodness that didn't or Imay nothave a job.Withalot of things going up,credit cards were the last thing on my mind, it was the mortgage, carpayments, and student loans that came first.

This ad will disappear if you login