Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Sales & Marketing > Affiliate Marketing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default OMG I made money off one of my blogs and I didn't even know it!

A couple of years ago I started a few blogs. I eventually let them go. The only thing I had on them was adsense...I checked that account today and I had made 1.29! I know it's not much but I am amazed I even made something. Maybe if I had continued with the blogs and promoted them I could've gotten somewhere! Anyway this has given me the motivation to really start something and to stick with it! Is there a way to know which blog I made money with?
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via AIM to mountainmom5

I don't know if you can tell which one if you didn't use tracking on them. But maybe if you dig around in your adsense account it will tell you...

Congrats on that though - when I first started with adsense I made like .70 a month - lol then a year later it was $7 a month - and I wasn't doing much with it but thought, what the heck, I bet I could make more than that so I started building my SBI site ( I now have 3 sites) but a year later I was making about $70 a month and now there is another zero added to it monthly so it's def worth sticking it out.

Pajama Affiliates My friend Robin has one of the easiest to follow courses on Blogging, Affiliate Marketing and more. You will love her!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom5 View Post
I don't know if you can tell which one if you didn't use tracking on them. But maybe if you dig around in your adsense account it will tell you...

Congrats on that though - when I first started with adsense I made like .70 a month - lol then a year later it was $7 a month - and I wasn't doing much with it but thought, what the heck, I bet I could make more than that so I started building my SBI site ( I now have 3 sites) but a year later I was making about $70 a month and now there is another zero added to it monthly so it's def worth sticking it out.
Wow. That's great. I was making close to $1,000 a month years and years ago when in school. Then just stopped after they changed the search algorithms and it dropped to practically nothing.

I'm still not seeing much from Adsense these days though (reach payout every other month). But I only have one ad and it shows if the post is older than 2 weeks (to not annoy my loyal readers, but get the most out of search engine traffic).

And I think you are right about tracking being difficult without having channels and stuff already in place.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes blogging is one the best for online earning source. With the help of adsense you can make handsome amount for lifetime but for this we need to work daily and actively and regular updating our blog too.

As there are many top blogger who work full time on blog only and earning unexpectable amount from it.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered WAHM

I have had no luck with any of the affililate programs. I think I have tried most of them. Any tips?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugsmom View Post
A couple of years ago I started a few blogs. I eventually let them go. The only thing I had on them was adsense...I checked that account today and I had made 1.29! I know it's not much but I am amazed I even made something. Maybe if I had continued with the blogs and promoted them I could've gotten somewhere! Anyway this has given me the motivation to really start something and to stick with it! Is there a way to know which blog I made money with?

See there lady! That's awesome!!! Congratulations!
Seeking Serious Homeworkers We offer Daily pay & Household Benefits. Work PT or FT. No Cold calling. Full Training & Support Provided. Call or text me Amy Jacobs 815-341-2151 www.workwithAmyJacobs.com
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to ~ Rosie ~

That's the beauty of passive income streams.

Now if you had sent some traffic to it, even just a little consistently, it would have grown exponentially.

I've been in affiliate marketing since the beginning of 2011 and am SO glad I turned my back on medical transcription and customer service rep at home jobs......they were SO stressful!

I much more enjoy working for myself. Although it takes a lot of discipline, I really enjoy it.

I have AdSense on a few of my videos that are earning me good money. Good thing is, I don't lift a finger as the work was done in the beginning and that's it.

Have a great weekend.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for your advice and the inspiration!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Hersh Send a message via AIM to Mike Hersh Send a message via MSN to Mike Hersh Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Hersh Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Hersh

If one of your blogs made a few cents, you may want to check out the traffic you are receiving to this blog because in most cases you can monetize your website more smartly and turn those few cents to one affiliate sale that can be x 10 more profitable. There are dozens of ways to monetize your blog, make sure to go over all of them and choose the right one for your blog.

Good luck! and... Congratulations!

This ad will disappear if you login