WAHM.com Boards
  LiveOps
  $3,000 to $4,000 month with LiveOps

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   $3,000 to $4,000 month with LiveOps
Raj
New to WAHM.com
posted March 31, 2004 05:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Raj     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am a relative newcomer to LiveOps, but, prior to the scheduling change, I continued to here about people making $3,000 to $4,000 a month as a VSR at LiveOps. I would like to know if anyone can verify that and how many hours the people were working?

IP: Logged

neonmadman94
New to WAHM.com
posted April 01, 2004 02:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for neonmadman94     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I am a relative newcomer to LiveOps, but, prior to the scheduling change, I continued to here about people making $3,000 to $4,000 a month as a VSR at LiveOps. I would like to know if anyone can verify that and how many hours the people were working?

neonmadman94
New to WAHM.com
posted April 01, 2004 02:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for neonmadman94     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have been w/ LO for several months. I do not make that kind of cash. I do work full time and in all honesty probally could if I wanted to work 10 hrs per day 7 days a week. I believe that is what it would take. I work about 6 hrs a day each weekday and 12 on sat and 12 on sun with fri off. that pays my bills in combination w/ one more wfh job. It took a lot of hard work to get to that point and You can do it. Attend EVERY training on your schedual. Treat each call as if it were your one and only chance to achieve a higher ranking. If u put in the time it IS realistic some vsrs do make that kind of cash....very few and they NEVER LOG OUT.

Raj
New to WAHM.com
posted April 01, 2004 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Raj     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Neon.

Anybody care to comment

candace3661
WAHM.com regular
posted April 01, 2004 02:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for candace3661   Click Here to Email candace3661     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
you got my comment already raj, try to find additional work as a WAHD. dont put all your eggs in one basket. Good luck

Abby 1632
WAHM.com regular
posted April 01, 2004 05:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Abby 1632   Click Here to Email Abby 1632     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It was possible on the old system and vsrs did it but I cant speak for now. Strange thing happens on the way to the bank though. Neonmadman is right. To get that high first of all you had to really concentrate on priority and raising it. Then you set a daily goal and you log in and you NEVER log out until you reach it. Dont pick and choose; dont skip slow times; just work and work and work. And next thing that happens is major burn out! - and priority shoots to the bottom because it is simply too many calls and too many hours to keep your enthusiasm. You start to not care about the call you are on because another one is coming right away. It is much better to find other work and get variety and try to get income from all your WAH to equal what u need each month. Otherwise you will have your 3K one month and $500 the next. Abby

tiasmith
New to WAHM.com
posted April 02, 2004 11:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tiasmith     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I started working for Live Ops in Jan 04, I too heard about the $3,000 - $4,000 a month, and was anxious to cash in on that, but I can honestly say that I was making about half of that, and I do put in the hours. The new system has certainly put a glitch in that, but fortunately I keep taking trainings, my conversion rate is relatively high, I was one of the first UC winners for high UC conversion rate, and with the new system I expect to make a little more than 40%, at least thats what my stats reflect, and my bi-weekly paycheck too.

whatabook
New to WAHM.com
posted June 19, 2004 11:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for whatabook     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pardon my ignorance....what is Live Ops, a company that does adult phone talk?

Abby 1632
WAHM.com regular
posted June 20, 2004 03:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Abby 1632   Click Here to Email Abby 1632     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
No then we would all be rich

We do orders on incoming 800 numbers you see on infomercials on tv
www.liveops.com

just me
WAHM.com regular
posted June 20, 2004 10:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for just me     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Call me ignorant, but I think it is still possible to make a fairly good living with LO if you are willing to put in the time. I have hardly put in very much time at all lately do to my isp sucking. I finally got a dialup backup, but it sucks too. I am switching to satalite tomorrow...hopefully that will go better!

Abby 1632
WAHM.com regular
posted June 21, 2004 01:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Abby 1632   Click Here to Email Abby 1632     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yay satellite

dorene22
New to WAHM.com
posted June 22, 2004 07:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dorene22   Click Here to Email dorene22     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I had some questions about LiveOps. I came across them today and am very curious. What is the training/pay like? How is it that you should never log off? One advantage to working at home is taking the time you need for other activities/responsibilities. What about burn-out?
Do they expect you to upsell? (I HATE when that happens)
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanx,

Deej

Abby 1632
WAHM.com regular
posted June 23, 2004 02:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Abby 1632   Click Here to Email Abby 1632     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
What is the training/pay like?
The original training is a 2+ hour conference call with a trainer while on the computer. Other trainings can consist of conference calls or quizzes but mostly it is what you put in it. If you study on your own you will know the scripts better and sell more. Pay is 25 cents per minute of talk time; no pay for time spent waiting for a call. Calls are routed to you based on how well you do; the better you do the more calls you get.

How is it that you should never log off?
That was the topic of this thread. How can you make 3-4K per month? and the answer is get your priority very high and work long long hours.

What about burn-out?
That was my point above; when you get that high to make that kind of money calls are always coming and you get burnt out, you stop selling as much and the next month you are low priority and getting fewer calls and will make far less.

Do they expect you to upsell? Yes

LiveOps is a good work at home opportunity for many people depending on their needs. Someone just wanting a little extra spending money could work a few hours when they want to and get that. Someone else like myself may find it nice to work set hours every day and someone else might prefer a lot of variety in scheduling and a few might try to go for the elusive money of 3-4K and "never log out". And many discover the job is not right for them at all.

Anyway, the web site above is where you would apply but as of this moment they are not accepting applications. If you are interested keep checking.

businesslady
New to WAHM.com
posted July 01, 2004 03:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for businesslady   Click Here to Email businesslady     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do anyone know when Liveops will be hiring again?

Chacie
New to WAHM.com
posted July 24, 2004 12:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chacie   Click Here to Email Chacie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am also very interested in LiveOps.

Let me first tell you a little about my situation:

My name is Chacie and i am 23 years old, high school grad with no schooling after that or experience other then target (clerical). I am a sahm of two children, Leia who will be three in Aug and Dylan who is 20 months, my husband is in the Coast Guard and works a very odd schedule. I'm just looking to do something at home that is possible with my children that will bring in a little extra cash, and to be more exact about 400$ a month, which isn't a lot but will make up for the child support my husband pays.

I wish that LiveOps gave a little more info on there site, but they don't so if you all don't mind i will ask them here.

-First off: PHONE CONNECTION-currently i have my phone through my ISP (cable modem) now would that work to only have one phone line or would i have to get a secondary line connected, as in a "regular" phone?

-MY KIDS: I understand that it wouldn't be to good to have my kiddies yelling in the back ground while i am working...lol, so my hours would have to be at night from about 8pm eastern (when my kids go to bed) and about 1am when i go to bed. Is that possible? That would be during the week.
Now weekends are a little wierd for me, as stated above hubby works an odd schedule, so every other weekend he is at work fri, sat, and sun un till mon morning, so my question with that would be: do i have to be on the phone and have the comp in front of me? If so then i would have to stick with the hours i stated above, due to the fact that my comp is in the living room and that would mean having my kids in the background.

-EXPERIENCE: Does LiveOps require experience? As stated above i have nothing besides small jobs in high school. Got married at 19 had first baby at 20 and second at 21, so i am limited is to experience.

-PAY: Would my 400$ a month be a reasonable goal for me at LiveOps, or am i expecting to much?

-TAXES: Does LiveOps take out taxes or are we responsible for them? And for those of you who are currently working for them, if you are responsible for them, how do you go about filing?

Sorry for being so long winded here, i just don't want to jump into something i am not sure about.

Thank you all,
chacie

If you would prefer to contact me via e-mail you can at mykrazikidz@ optonline.net (please remove the space between @ and opt)

Chacie
New to WAHM.com
posted July 24, 2004 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Chacie   Click Here to Email Chacie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am also very interested in LiveOps.

Let me first tell you a little about my situation:

My name is Chacie and i am 23 years old, high school grad with no schooling after that or experience other then target (clerical). I am a sahm of two children, Leia who will be three in Aug and Dylan who is 20 months, my husband is in the Coast Guard and works a very odd schedule. I'm just looking to do something at home that is possible with my children that will bring in a little extra cash, and to be more exact about 400$ a month, which isn't a lot but will make up for the child support my husband pays.

I wish that LiveOps gave a little more info on there site, but they don't so if you all don't mind i will ask them here.

-First off: PHONE CONNECTION-currently i have my phone through my ISP (cable modem) now would that work to only have one phone line or would i have to get a secondary line connected, as in a "regular" phone?

-MY KIDS: I understand that it wouldn't be to good to have my kiddies yelling in the back ground while i am working...lol, so my hours would have to be at night from about 8pm eastern (when my kids go to bed) and about 1am when i go to bed. Is that possible? That would be during the week.
Now weekends are a little wierd for me, as stated above hubby works an odd schedule, so every other weekend he is at work fri, sat, and sun un till mon morning, so my question with that would be: do i have to be on the phone and have the comp in front of me? If so then i would have to stick with the hours i stated above, due to the fact that my comp is in the living room and that would mean having my kids in the background.

-EXPERIENCE: Does LiveOps require experience? As stated above i have nothing besides small jobs in high school. Got married at 19 had first baby at 20 and second at 21, so i am limited is to experience.

-PAY: Would my 400$ a month be a reasonable goal for me at LiveOps, or am i expecting to much?

-TAXES: Does LiveOps take out taxes or are we responsible for them? And for those of you who are currently working for them, if you are responsible for them, how do you go about filing?

Sorry for being so long winded here, i just don't want to jump into something i am not sure about.

Thank you all,
chacie

If you would prefer to contact me via e-mail you can at mykrazikidz@ optonline.net (please remove the space between @ and opt)

kimmy71
WAHM.com regular
posted July 25, 2004 11:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kimmy71     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Chacie..Okay lets see. You are required to have a phone line dedicated for liveops. It has to be a phone with no features such as caller id or call waiting because calls are routed directly to your home and this would interfere. YOu can work any hours that you choose. There are hours available 24/7. Your kids, unless very quiet, cannot be in the backround. There is a zero tolerance policy for backround noise. I too have kids as do many of us who work for LO, so I work during naptime and sleeptime for my daughter and for my son it doesnt really matter becuase he knows he must not speak while I am on the phone (he is 8). The call volume is genrally at its highest during the weekends becuase what we are doing is taking calls for various infomercial products, so we are very busy when these infomercials are airing. $400 is a very reasonable goal with Liveops. You are an independent contractor with LO, so they do not take out taxes. You willhave to do that yourself, but there are many benefits and deductions that you can take advantage of becuase of this. With regards to experience I cannot say really. Inknow that 2 of my friends were hired with no call center or sales experience. So I would think that as long as you can interact well with people and read a simple script, you would be just fine. They are not currently hiring but keep checking. They may need to "stock up" on reps soon becuase the holiday season is around the corner. That is usually what happens. I hope I have helped with your questions. If you have any more i would be glad to help.

Kim

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com