WAHM question
WAHM advice

Click here to order Cheryl's new book from amazon.com:

WAHM.com Boards
  LiveOps
  Re Liveops, now this is interesting...

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Re Liveops, now this is interesting...
WAHM.com regular
posted May 18, 2002 01:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just for kicks I went and looked them up on the BBB Online site...check it out:
http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&ComID=0633000025000537

dreyn
WAHM.com regular
posted May 18, 2002 02:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dreyn   Click Here to Email dreyn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pretty interesting. Well worth checking out.
Live Opps has been around for quite sometime. I tried to get with their company last June 2001, they never responded to several attempts.

WAHM.com regular
posted May 18, 2002 03:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Something is up w/ them...just what that is, I guess we'll find out....makes me wonder if I should even try to get anymore time in this month or just let my next check come next month (if at all) and call it a learning experience.

poopy
WAHM.com regular
posted May 18, 2002 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poopy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
that must have ben recntly, because i started with them, i checked them out with bbb, and they had a satisfactory record. o-well, i don't care, i don't work for them anymore anyways, i only worked for them for a week. the call volume is way to slow for me.

DiannS4
WAHM.com regular
posted May 19, 2002 08:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DiannS4   Click Here to Email DiannS4     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
well I just wrote them a nice little letter stating that i wanted my mesley little check sent out on monday because I quit! i also told them that i would be contacting the BBB to inform them of the operations of LO's. they are horrible, sorry but they are, i mean we sit there and sit there to wait for calls, we are just overflow for all the vsrs who get all the big calls. i understand you have to work at this, but i can only stay up so many hours at night and wait for my phone to ring for a few cents. i even told him i dont agree with the pools they have going around, im waiting to hear back from him, not sure if i will or not but I will contact the BBB about this so called company, I wouldnt even waste my time with them anylonger, after all the paper work you go through to get the "job" its not worth it. and they can now hold back checks until they reach a certain dollar amount, no i dont think so. people are depending on getting this money and i dont think its fair of them to just asume they can do this when they feel they want too. just my 2 cents

dreyn
WAHM.com regular
posted May 19, 2002 02:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dreyn   Click Here to Email dreyn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wow

I actually thought live opps was a good thing when I first ran accross it. The concept seems valid. I am amazed and very disappointed that it has come to this.

I think there are a lot of people on this "live opps" discussion here. Since you are the moderator Diann, I hope you will keep it going. Either rename it or change the focus from live opps to ----maybe ....VCC or something like that.

Please let us know how this plays out. If you do contact BBB, let us know how they react. Let's keep this section going at lleast till live opps is "buried" or done with somehow.

E-mail me if you want

Doug

TREE
WAHM.com regular
posted May 20, 2002 08:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for TREE   Click Here to Email TREE     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
First of all... the BBB doesn't tell me anything. Can someone elaborate. What is the specific compliant?

I have been w/LO for about 6 weeks. I would love the call volume to be higher. However it is not. I don't think anyone is running any sort of scam. In your IC agreement, you are told that you will be paid per talk minute and that their no guarantee of call volume. No I am not in a pool, but to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want new VSRs in some of the top pools. Some of them don't read scripts, don't understand the computer etc.

I think it is business sense to put a $50 cap on checks. However I do think that they should have told everyone sooner.

Theresa

DiannS4
WAHM.com regular
posted May 20, 2002 08:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DiannS4   Click Here to Email DiannS4     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
These pools are very unfair! do you understand that when there is a pool that means they will get the calls???? so im going to sit there ans wait and wait and wait some more for my phone to ring? and maybe its not a scam, but come on they have had checks bounce??? sounds real stable to me. and if they dont send checks until they are over $50.00 then why did they send me my first check for $21.75 ? they keep hiring and hiring and hiring and they are not getting any calls, well maybe for the people in the pools but not us and to get into a pool is very hard. and they never ever ever respond to your emails. wish i never meet up with this company.

clossycat28546
WAHM.com regular
posted May 20, 2002 09:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for clossycat28546     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Live ops keeps hiring new people to make sure that they are covered. If one of thier clients gets a lot of calls, they want to make sure they have enough people on to take the clients calls. If they don't the client might leave them. They do not care about their vsr's at all. It doesn't matter to them who gets the call or how long that person has to wait. If they were having to pay everyone hourly it would be a different story. I think the management is horrible, and I don't like the way I've seen some of the sups talk down to some people. It's really disappointing.

clossycat28546
WAHM.com regular
posted May 20, 2002 09:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for clossycat28546     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think the reason they raised the minimum to fifty, is because they know that it's almost impossible to get even 60 minutes of talk time a day. I logged in for twelve hours straight and only got 45 minutes of talk time. It's almost impossible for most of us to log in like that daily. In my opinion, live ops thinks that most .000000people will work for so long and than decide it's not worth it. And than because the vsr did not make fifty dollars they will not get a check. Thus free work for live ops.

trishhol
WAHM.com regular
posted May 20, 2002 11:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for trishhol   Click Here to Email trishhol     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think you guys are right. I applied for liveops last August. Was accepted and told that I would be scheduled for live training within a week. Well needless to say I got dsl so I could do this job and they never contacted me regarding the live training...I emailed them several times and no response. This was way back in August, Septemeber...Well Last week I received an email from the lady who was to schedule the live training months ago and it said that they were ready to schedule me for live training and to call to set it up....... So they are probably covering their but trying to get people to cover their lines when everyone else gets tired of not being paid.... It is so unfair....I get so mad when people take advantage of moms who want to work at home...and it seems that is what they are doing..

kimmattoon
WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 11:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kimmattoon   Click Here to Email kimmattoon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
well, I have to agree with all of you about LO. About the BBB website, I found that a couple weeks ago and said something in chat, Catherine came into chat and threatened to deactivate me for telling what I knew. I have now learned even more about Lo than I knew then, and now I know for sure that they are a scam and probably not expected to last much longer. I don't see any possible way they can keep going much longer. They are now at the point of scamming us for our calls. If you've noticed in stats all of your calls don't show up, they won't either, they are keeping the money for themselves. If still working for them, I would keep track on a peice of paper every call that comes to you. It probably won't match those in stats. Notice nobody will talk about Tiger? Well, they tried scamming them too. I am so ticked at them for their ways and wish I would have never come across them.

WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 11:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Speaking of their chat...ever notice how one of the supes is all friendly with only certain VSR's and will ignore you if you're not part of her clique? That has irritated me from day one - my overall impression of them is that they are extremely unprofessional - also, the person that trained me was so rude I almost didn't want to start with them - I should have listened to my instinct there.

kimmattoon - can you share with us what else you found out about LO beyond the BBB report? You alluded that you know more now - just wondering if you can elaborate on that?

As far as the call stats, the only thing I had noticed was if I had a hang up for example, and didn't leave the script up for 30 seconds, then I wasn't credited for it - but I figured if it was a hangup, I wouldn't be paid anyhow - is that what you were referring to?

kimmattoon
WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 12:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kimmattoon   Click Here to Email kimmattoon     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maybe I worded my statement in a confusing way, I am just so upset with Lo, I go a little fast. What I am pointing at is all of the things I have learned and have happened since the time I looked them up at BBB a few weeks ago. for one, the change in the minimum amount owed to us being changed to $50 and all the new people they are hiring. This is for LO benefit. The strategy is...the more new people they hire on to take a small amount of calls with the $50 minimum, then they won't stay, then LO doesn't have to pay them and LO gets to keep the money from those VSR's, or anyone else that doesn't meet that requirement and decides to quit like we are all doing. I think that their "big move" they made a couple months ago put them in a position of having to scam us to make their own bills. It doesn't matter if you have a hang up, as long as someone is on the line, you should be paid for that time. I started noticing about one in every four calls I received were not logged into my stats, some of them were like 6 minute calls. Again, revenue for LO. And as far as the Tiger thing, well it is obvious without saying that we lost them, the reason for this is just rumors that I heard, and probably can't pass it along without being sued, but they do not deserve to stay in business as far as I am concerned and probably won't for long. They are obviously at the end of their rope and digging up all they can before the final fall. As far as checks bouncing, I am cashing mine, that is if it is truly sent to me this month and isn't mysteriously lost in the mail somewhere again like last month. I've had it with LO, they have become very far beneath me, I don't need money bad enough to be a part of their schemes any longer. I have to look out for myself, and Lo doesn't allow that.

poopy
WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 12:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poopy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
this company sucks!i wasted a week of my life on this stuoid job, i had a bad feeling about them, the first day when i started with them, and only got 4 calls. what is this about minimum $50 before you get a check?they better send my check, or i will be highly pissed. it's only $16, but it's the point of it. and that shows how much they suck, because i worked a week for that $16.

WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 06:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I believe if you've sent them a formal email or letter of resignation, they should pay out what they owe you...

I'm in a good position I guess because last month I made just short of the minimum, and this month so far about half that, so both of those SHOULD be carried over into next month's check - I'm thinking I may put a bit more time in until the end of this month and see if I'll accumulate anymore money and then that's it....I will wait though until I get a check before I quit...

The whole thing is a mess isn't it? And yes, the hiring of all the new people, that's so odd, maybe you guys have figured that one out, I sure couldn't....

And the thing about not having your stats show one out of 4 calls? that's nuts!

[This message has been edited by Newbie (edited May 22, 2002).]

poopy
WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 06:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for poopy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i have'nt quit yet, i just have'nt logged in, in a really long time, hoping the calls would pick up, and i would'nt havr to go through that long process of getting hired. but i definitely would never work for them!

clossycat28546
WAHM.com regular
posted May 21, 2002 08:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for clossycat28546     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I would think that they would have to pay you for work performed. Wouldn't it be against the law if they refused to pay you? I'm a little uneasy now that I heard that people are missing calls in their stats. I never kept up with my calls.

WAHMof2
WAHM.com regular
posted June 08, 2002 09:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WAHMof2     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I personally had a negative experience with Liveops also. I didn't make it as far as to work for them. I went to a great deal of trouble to provide everything they needed (I had no id at the time so had to go get a new one), and at the time there was a fee, I believe $30.00 required when you sent your application in. I did this, and never heard back. I was fine with not getting this job, until I disovered that not very long after I sent my money (less than a couple weeks), they discontinued requiring fees. At the suggestion of someone who worked for the company, I emailed asking if it would be possible to recieve my money back since they were no longer requiring the fee, and of course I never heard back, I would have been satisfied with a simple "no", but it's very poor business practice imo to completely ignore the request.
At the same time the person who suggested I email was very happy working for the company. At the time this all happened (a year or more ago I think) there wasn't much information on the boards about the company, and no one really knew if it was even a scam. Occasionally someone would popup and say they worked for them, but then they would dissapear.

The position, concept and basically the idea of Liveops sounds great, however, seeing that a check bounced and there was no reply, makes me glad it was only $30.00 that I lost, or I'd have been much more upset.

Kiri
WAHM.com regular
posted July 31, 2003 01:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kiri     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bumping this up because now I'm not so sure I want to apply with this company?

sweetpeaz
WAHM.com regular
posted July 31, 2003 03:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweetpeaz     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
for the person who bumped this up...this post is over a year old and i have been with liveops for 7 months now and watched them grow. i can assure you that liveops is no longer like this. i believe they were very slow in the beginning because they were trying to build thier clientel, as with any new business. some of you will say, but they have been in business for a couple of years...a couple of years (now i think it is 3), is still a short period of time to grow. it takes time to build and grow a business like this.

-wahm-
WAHM.com regular
posted July 31, 2003 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for -wahm-   Click Here to Email -wahm-     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think LO has changed dramatically.. They used to even charge a application fee of $30 I believe. I applied, and lost my money.. when I emailed for a refund (because they removed the fee within a month of sending in application) I received no response. I was sure they were a scam, but now I have been happily working for them for months, and I think the company tries very hard to be fair and honest. They have problems, especially with redoing the whole computer system which is the core of their business, but that's understandable. I would only look at the recent posting before making a decision about them, because things have changed dramitically that I've seen.

Kiri
WAHM.com regular
posted July 31, 2003 06:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kiri     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks. I knew the post was over a year old.. it was bumped to the second or third page. But stuff like that is what I need to research and ask questions about before I join anything. Like right now, I was looking at Cypher and saw in their FAQ's that after 90 days, to say an independant contractor you have to pay $175. That doesn't sound right to me, but maybe I just don't know how this stuff works.

I'm new to looking for jobs I can do at home and will probably be asking a lot of questions like this. I really don't want to be scammed and would rather be safe than sorry.

I'm glad LiveOps seems legit. I will try calling them.

Thanks again,

~Kiri

pegah2os
WAHM.com regular
posted July 31, 2003 08:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pegah2os     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I worked with LiveOps briefly and didn't care for it too much. I hated all the upsells and felt bad when I had to read them. I started to dread when certain scripts would pop and I'd realize what I'd have to read.
I haven't sent in a formal resignation yet. I think I'll do that tomorrow. I earned less then $50 because of their rule that you can't log out for even a minute during a meg. They better send me the money I've earned.
Does anyone know who I need to send my letter of resignation to? I want to email it so I can get a receipt when they read it.
Thanks,
Peggy

lovsr
WAHM.com regular
posted August 01, 2003 12:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lovsr     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kiri - Cypher has a board on here and if you go look - a lot of their agents say they have been there long over the 90 days and have never been charged the fee.

Pegah2os - Sorry to hear that you are not happy with LO. The best person to email is Catherine. She will take care of it for you. Also send a copy to your sup, so they know...

Rosary6498
WAHM.com regular
posted August 01, 2003 02:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rosary6498     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have worked for LO for 8 months now, and have never had any problems. Sure, sometimes something will happen that is annoying, but that is true with any employer, any company.

Starting out with slow call volume is just paying dues. The more time you log in the more calls you get, then the more calls you get, the less time you have to be logged in. I put in my dues and it paid off. VSRs are expected to work to get their desired stats, which lead to volume... what company doesn't expect their employees to work?

I am very thankful and satisfied to be with LO because they are a wonderful, reliable, legitimate company that allows me to work from home.

parrotbay
New to WAHM.com
posted August 06, 2003 01:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for parrotbay     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I normally would not respond to this but many of you have many interesting things to say about lo. when i started in april I was told by lo that you needed to work to get the call volume and get into pools. i have to say my first two checks were not great because i couldn;t work alot. my third check was outstanding. i logged in faithfully during their transition to the new and improved chat. did you know all of your hard work to get into pools doesnt matter in the new chat? you are now judged per script according to my sup. my call volume dropped drastically with the new chat and i get no responses to my emails, sups in chat are rude about it, my training sup is rude about, go to management and get threatened to be deactivated or they do not respond to you. i have to say, if you can find a different company, you would benefit from it. you spend tons of wasted time and do nothing for a few quarters. i think management needs improvement, hault on new vsrs and well so much more like how to speak with people in a respectful manner. good luck on your job search. and good luck if you decide to try lo.

ladydanu9
New to WAHM.com
posted November 15, 2003 10:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ladydanu9     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If I was you, I'd definitely go to the BBB & let them know of that.

quote:
Originally posted by WAHMof2:
I personally had a negative experience with Liveops also. I didn't make it as far as to work for them. I went to a great deal of trouble to provide everything they needed (I had no id at the time so had to go get a new one), and at the time there was a fee, I believe $30.00 required when you sent your application in. I did this, and never heard back. I was fine with not getting this job, until I disovered that not very long after I sent my money (less than a couple weeks), they discontinued requiring fees. At the suggestion of someone who worked for the company, I emailed asking if it would be possible to recieve my money back since they were no longer requiring the fee, and of course I never heard back, I would have been satisfied with a simple "no", but it's very poor business practice imo to completely ignore the request.
At the same time the person who suggested I email was very happy working for the company. At the time this all happened (a year or more ago I think) there wasn't much information on the boards about the company, and no one really knew if it was even a scam. Occasionally someone would popup and say they worked for them, but then they would dissapear.

The position, concept and basically the idea of Liveops sounds great, however, seeing that a check bounced and there was no reply, makes me glad it was only $30.00 that I lost, or I'd have been much more upset.

FloridaBeachBum
WAHM.com regular
posted November 15, 2003 10:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for FloridaBeachBum     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ok,

Now I understand that everyone has a problem or two or has had with the places that they work from home with. I read all of the posts on this board and I am very curious why someone would bump up a message from a year ago really. I can understand being upset and disgruntled I have had my troubles with LO as well but it is really starting to be more than obvious that you are just trying to cause trouble. Yes I know yell at me now for my opinion. It is ok to have your opinion I am not bashing you for that don't get me wrong what I am wondering is why bump this topic in particular since it really no longer applies to the company. They have more that changed any of these policies awhile ago I would think since they weren't in affect when I started. Just my .02 but if you have trouble with a company post your personal experience and aside from that take it up with the company.

This is all I am going to say about this I hope that you all will see this post for what it is really I am not trying to cause any trouble but I come to this board for help and support and it is getting tiring weeding through messages that no longer apply. Good luck to all with any work at home opportunity or job that you all persue and Happy Holidays to all as well!!!

ladydanu9
New to WAHM.com
posted November 17, 2003 02:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ladydanu9     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bump. Actually, the problems have never gone away.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com