WAHMEE Award
WAHM.com Undercover
Ask Jane
Recipes
WAHM question
WAHM advice

WAHM.com Boards
  Telecommuting Moms
  I do not want to turn in my contract because Verafast is low pay!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I do not want to turn in my contract because Verafast is low pay!
SHANIQUE SHANIQUE
New to WAHM.com
posted January 05, 2005 08:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SHANIQUE SHANIQUE   Click Here to Email SHANIQUE SHANIQUE     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I read over my contract and I am mad Verafast is very low pay and it is all commission, according to the contract you probably can make about $5.00 a week working for them, It is not worth it at all, IT IS A SCAM!!!

IP: Logged

my3boysmbj
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 04:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for my3boysmbj   Click Here to Email my3boysmbj     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think you are off base on this one.

mandapoo
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 05:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mandapoo     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Not to mention they just made that screen name just to say it

velvetsky
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 07:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for velvetsky   Click Here to Email velvetsky     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Verafast is not a scam. They have been around for quite some time. I have never worked with them but I do know many that have over time.

The way I see it with Verafast, just like with any job, is some will be good at it and others may not be.
The ones that apply themselves and are maybe a bit more motivated (for this position) may make more or someone that is maybe a bit better over the phone might. Timing is also an issue as well. Some people find something and give it all they got and others may not take it as seriously due to other positions or for whatever reason. I heard someone mention they didn't make much with Verafast and that they weren't a telemarketer but they worked their butt off. I believe everyone that says they worked hard did, but if you work your butt off at something that you don't like or in this example saying your not a telemarketer but doing a telemarketing job, how can you profit? Again, just maybe not a good fit? These are just examples. Im not saying that the people that didn't make money (with Verafast) didn't apply themselves so please don't take what I'm saying that way. I just mean that (like with anything out there) some will excel and some may find it's just not a good for them (bad timing, not a telemarketer etc.) and move to something else.

I have noticed a few companies, over time on WAHM, get a bad name because of a few people having bad experiences.
Some do deserve it, no doubt and I think it's great that we are all here to help each other out... but also we have to remember that just because something wasn't right for someone else or just because someone had a falling out of some kind etc. etc., doesn't necessary mean in all cases that the company in question is a scam.

I sure hope that made sense.

bchaderton
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 08:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for bchaderton     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It sure did. Well said!

Barb

empress235
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 11:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for empress235     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I work for Verafast and I know they are not a scam. You'll need to reread the contract if you have it.
It's what you put into it. If you put in very little time, expect very little pay. If you want to increase your check you have to put in the time and do the calls properly as they instruct you to.They aren't a scam though. I know that for sure. McDonald's pays $5.15 an hour which is low pay but are they a scam?? NO.

staces5
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 01:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for staces5   Click Here to Email staces5     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I started some of the training with Vera Fast and then decided it was not for me, but from the contract I saw, It is NOT commission! I think you have some wrong information. Just like Velvetsky stated, this job is for some and not for others, but they are not a scam. The people I have talked to who worked with Vera Fast were paid and it was on time. I stated in another post that I had two friends who gave it their best and were not making much money, and I asked for other's opinions and if they experienced the same. Some people said yes, they did not make much, and others said they did make good and were very happy. All work at home jobs will not fit with everyone. You just have to give them a try and see, but I can assure you from what I did learn and experience with Vera Fast that they are not a scam! HTH

[This message has been edited by staces5 (edited January 06, 2005).]

Lexiee
New to WAHM.com
posted January 06, 2005 01:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lexiee     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well-SHANIQUE SHANIQUE , you are quite wrong on that part i have been with Verafast for 5 yrs; and i can assure you, YOUR THE SCAM!!!!
I would advise you to pls let your mgr-ICC know you will not be working with Verafast so they don't have to play phone tag with you trying to get you processed, there is a multitude of ppr work that has to be done for each and every person to get them processed, so pls have the decency to notify your manager that you will not be working, so they don't waste their precious time on a person with an attitude like yours!!!!

homebasedmanager
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 01:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homebasedmanager   Click Here to Email homebasedmanager     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shanique
Just because you do not like the pay rates or the income potential does not mean the opportunity is a scam.You have to be careful how you throw that word around you can damage a legit companies' reputation.
If you don't like the terms of the contract then you can simply choose not to accept the position.Alot of people have been very happy with Verafast.

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 02:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm glad there are responses to this post. I'd always heard great things about this company and its good to see that all the things I'd heard are, indeed, true

------------------
Red Hot Report - The Hottest Home Based Jobs and Businesses for Moms!
Work At Home Ideas
Virtual Assistant Water Cooler - stop in for chit chat and support! Have a question about starting a VA biz?
Attention Webmasters: FREE Content For Reprint
P.S
Improve your businesses traffic, income and presence ...read more here!

lvm38
New to WAHM.com
posted January 06, 2005 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lvm38     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Girl...what are you talking about? Just as the others have replied, I think you need to reread your contract or just please advise asap if you're not interested. It's good to do this not only for the professional courtesy but also not to make it a misrepresentation of other wahm/sahm to gain employment from reputable companies. OK, I'm not coming down you :-) but please make sure you understand EVERYTHING prior to voicing your opinion/concern and possibly damaging a reputable company.

[This message has been edited by lvm38 (edited January 06, 2005).]

buttafly7
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 07:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for buttafly7   Click Here to Email buttafly7     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
No Shanique. It's not a scam. I work for them and have gotten paid. Trust me if it were a scam I would be the first to back you up, however, I can't go with you on this one honey.

Sorry. LOL

[This message has been edited by buttafly7 (edited January 06, 2005).]

tanya3670
WAHM.com regular
posted January 06, 2005 07:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tanya3670   Click Here to Email tanya3670     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have not been paid yet I just started calling this week but I really dont think they are a scam. I have been having some problems with my phone line for a few days and could not make my calls but my MGR-IC has left me messages to see what was going on. I even went to the library to email her and waited for her response which came in a very timely manner. So maybe you are just not putting your time into the work and were only paid 5 bucks. No one is going to hand you a big fat check for doing nothing. Maybe you just are not cut out to work at home.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com