WAHMEE Award
WAHM.com Undercover
Ask Jane
Recipes
WAHM question
WAHM advice

WAHM.com Boards
  Telecommuting Moms
  Anyone know anything about DionData Services??? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone know anything about DionData Services???
jenzach26
New to WAHM.com
posted October 28, 2004 02:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jenzach26   Click Here to Email jenzach26     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi, I am just trying to find out if anyone knows about diondata services. They have offered me a data entry position but I dont know much about their company. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

IP: Logged

bchaderton
WAHM.com regular
posted October 28, 2004 02:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bchaderton     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
They're legit. Take the job!

Barb

------------------
My Page at Ryze.com
"Your On-call RPG Resource for AS/400 Solutions"

www.TeleworkRecruiting.com
"Where work and professionals are both at home"

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 28, 2004 04:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
How long did it take for them to get back to you? I just sent in my application also, and so I was just wondering.

Thanks!
Erin

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted October 28, 2004 04:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes, like Barb said "take the job" and take it quick! It's hard to get on with this company. They have so many applicants to go through.

------------------
Jobs For Work At Home Moms
Step-by-Step Guide To Telecommuting
Business Ideas For Moms At Home

brookec527
New to WAHM.com
posted October 28, 2004 11:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for brookec527   Click Here to Email brookec527     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Can someone please email me the website address for this company?
ch721@cox-internet.com

Much appreciated!
Brooke

bchaderton
WAHM.com regular
posted October 28, 2004 11:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bchaderton     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/diondataservices/joblistings.html

HTH,
Barb

------------------
My Page at Ryze.com
"Your On-call RPG Resource for AS/400 Solutions"

www.TeleworkRecruiting.com
"Where work and professionals are both at home"

brandy6635
WAHM.com regular
posted October 28, 2004 11:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for brandy6635   Click Here to Email brandy6635     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I applied several months ago and still haven't heard a thing. If I were you, I would jump on that job offer fast!

WAHT
New to WAHM.com
posted October 29, 2004 11:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for WAHT     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hello

I applied with Diondata yesterday and received a job offer this morning. I sent my resume in 3 times lol. I guess persistence is the key. Good luck everyone.

Tanya

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 11:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congradulations, Tanya.

Being patient and persistent is the key, I guess

------------------
TrinityJacobs - Virtual Assistant
Free Test Products - Get the Bzz!!!

savedbygrace
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 11:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for savedbygrace   Click Here to Email savedbygrace     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Did you email your application or did you email a resume?

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 02:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I sent both the application and my resume, and I was just contacted for a job.

apply, everyone... looks like they need some help badly!

I'm so excited (all over again!)

Erin

------------------

my2kids
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 03:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for my2kids   Click Here to Email my2kids     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Congratulations to those who have been hired! That's great and I hope you stay busy. Too bad they don't need about 1000 IC instead of 100 (according to their website) cause we would all have a better chance of being hired. I've submitted my app. twice in 3 months and just sent a resume so we will see if that does the trick.

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 04:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Good luck, as I said, I would send in both. It doesn't hurt to do it, I suppose

So just keep trying, My2Kids, it won't hurt any

------------------

RaceCat3
New to WAHM.com
posted October 29, 2004 05:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RaceCat3     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
So is this strictly data entry or is there phone work involved? Did I read once that the company is located here in Iowa? That could be a plus for me! LOL Just kidding, if it's evening work only, that wouldn't work for me. Good luck to all applying!!

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 05:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I think they tried to send me a file via email, and my outlook express shut down in the middle of the message download... do you think they will send it again?
I hope so

------------------

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erin, if it just shut down and didn't delete the file then the email should still be there.

And yes it's data entry. I've never heard that it involved the phone.

------------------

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 06:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I'm using outlook express, and I can't find the file anywhere

------------------

my2kids
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 08:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for my2kids   Click Here to Email my2kids     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erin,
I would email them and and explain what happened. I bet they will resend it to you.

I use to have my outlook automatically delete things when it closed but I changed that option after the same thing happened to me once.

Good luck!

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 08:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I certainly hope so. I sent them an email this afternoon saying that outlook had an error, and I still haven't gotten a responce!!

Is that what they do, after you sign their documents and send them back, do they send you a large file? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Erin

------------------

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 30, 2004 12:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bump!

------------------

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted October 30, 2004 01:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I wouldn't worry Erin. If you don't hear back in a couple more days you can email them again. Don't forget this is the weekend so you might not hear back until this coming week.

------------------

WAHT
New to WAHM.com
posted October 30, 2004 07:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WAHT     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erin you got mail.

Tanya

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted October 30, 2004 11:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks tanya... info appreciated. You all are so nice

------------------

italad
New to WAHM.com
posted November 01, 2004 01:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for italad   Click Here to Email italad     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I already have a data entry job but if anyone gets hired by these guys dont hessitate just take it! its worth getting hired by these guys!

Tysmom02
WAHM.com regular
posted November 01, 2004 11:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tysmom02   Click Here to Email Tysmom02     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I filled out the online ap and also sent in my resume. Are people still hearing from them? Haven't heard anything so far this am, but wondering about everyone else. Will they take down the "taking applications" when all is filled? I'm really anxious to get this position if at all possible. Thanks all!!
Cyndi in Texas

brookec527
New to WAHM.com
posted November 01, 2004 02:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for brookec527   Click Here to Email brookec527     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I also filled out an appliction and faxed in my resume and am still waiting too!

Brooke

c061378
New to WAHM.com
posted November 02, 2004 10:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for c061378   Click Here to Email c061378     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi I hope no one kills me for this post I am not new here I just never registered an id before guess I was nervous well I applied for dion a few months backs got accepted to take the test. I am just warning you to be really careful while taking the test unfortuanetly my computer froze up and everything was lost even though there is supposed to be a way to pull it back up. I guess I made a mistake i contacted the main lady that offered me the job and I was emailed the next day that they won't be needed my help any longer. So be very careful try everything before you email for help unless it is through the buddy the assign you. I guess I will reapply in a little while The job sounded like a great opportunity.

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted November 02, 2004 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Why would anyone kill you for your post? You're just telling your story We won't bite ya

Thanks for giving everyone a heads up with your experience. Hopefully everyone will be very careful when they're taking the test now, so they won't lose all the info.

I'm sorry it happened to you but thank you for sharing with others in hopes of preventing others from the same result.

------------------

savedbygrace
WAHM.com regular
posted November 02, 2004 10:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for savedbygrace   Click Here to Email savedbygrace     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c061378, I am so sorry to hear about your experience. To get as far as you did only to have a computer glitch keep you from a great opportunity is horrible. I hope you're able to find something else that you will enjoy. By the way, was the test hard?

jrzgrl
New to WAHM.com
posted November 04, 2004 10:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jrzgrl   Click Here to Email jrzgrl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hello Everyone,

Hello again Nellers. I appreciate all your kind words about DionData Services. Our reputation has grown along with our company.
Many have placed us on websites we never authorized. However, I try my best to keep up with posts. A Contracted Vendor brought new threads here to my attention. I have posted here before in other areas of this website.
I see some familiar names here as well. Recently accepted applications. Welcome to DionData. We screen our applications carefully. We have certain criteria we follow that coincides with the basic knowlege of computers, FTP sites, emailing and attachments. All of these are monitored closely as well as the downloading process. The "test" is a good way for us to gauge your skills and knowledge in several areas. You must utilize the practice time and never hesitate to ask questions. Especially when they are directly related to our programs. Many come in with the idea that this is easy. I don't need to practice. I don't need to read the instructions. Never ask any questons. They take the "test" and are very unprepared. Utilizing all of these factors and the communication with the prospective Vendor assists us in our final decision. Some that have experienced problems and then post them in a group are not giving you the whole story. As you notice, only a select few choose to do that. We are here to answer your questions and assist you throughout the process. Once downloaded, depending on the amount of time you choose to put in, you can be testing and on live documents in a week. Many practice and pass the test within a week or less. There are typists and there are keyers. Current contractors with us tell me how they knew they were great typists and couldn't quite understand the difference in keying speed. Programs must be learned, instructions along the way as well. Allow yourself time to adjust. We become a team and a family here at DionData. We pride ourselves in being personal with you.
Comments and suggestions are always welcomed. Be honest when you apply for contracting positions. It is your business and yourself you are speaking of when you apply. You are making a promise of the type of work you can perform for someone. You wouldn't want a painter to say he/she can do intricate work and you contract to him/her and it isn't what they stated they can do ,would you? Same in any contractor you may decide you need. Be truthful to yourself and your client. Know what you have to offer them and be proud to state it. Many companies contract with little or no experience and some with a typing speed of 35-40wpm. Don't state that you do 60 wpm and 500 ksph. We know it doesn't add up lol If you don't know..state you do not know. Be honest with yourself first. You will find what you are looking for with patience and perserverance. Keep looking and asking others for information and assistance. You are a very special person to even consider taking on the challenge of working from home. You are your own boss. Your integrity and dedication come from within and in turn reflect in your work. I have stated before how I started this business because of my strong conviction that a parent needs to be at home with their children. I feel that outsourcing should be re-evaluated. Family values must come back to Americans. We need to take a strong interest in that. I am excited that I can be a part of that resolution. I would love to embrace each and every one of you with projects you can complete at home. Unfortunately I am unable to provide that at this time. So many want and need to be at home. The legitimate companies are few. Outsourcing has put a damper on many companies as they "rightsized". Many sites have stated we are Telemarketers. We are not. We are a Data Entry Service Bureau. I welcome your applicatons. Erin? Aren't you supposed to be practicing? lol Again, show your integrity, honesty and skills in all ventures you choose to undertake. Thank you for letting me post.
Diane, President, DionData Services.

thesillygirl
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 10:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for thesillygirl   Click Here to Email thesillygirl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diane,

It was great to read your post. I have heard nothing but great things about your company and to have you come here and make a post like that just goes to show that you are a class act.

Keep up the great work!

Have a Blessed Day

-Kim
http://www.wah-101.com

A work at home resource site with up to date job leads

ukpat139
New to WAHM.com
posted November 04, 2004 11:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ukpat139   Click Here to Email ukpat139     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have sent in resume so many times to diona and never get a reply, I have many years of experience with data entry

jrzgrl
New to WAHM.com
posted November 04, 2004 11:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jrzgrl   Click Here to Email jrzgrl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Applications are reviewed and accepted based on certain criteria that any particular company may be needing at that time. Years of experience are great but it is not always enough and does the rest of your application meet the needs of the company you are applying with?

Diane

jrzgrl
New to WAHM.com
posted November 04, 2004 11:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jrzgrl   Click Here to Email jrzgrl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sillygirl Kim. Thank you so very much for your encouragement and kind words.

Diane

logansmom7754
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 11:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for logansmom7754   Click Here to Email logansmom7754     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Diane, you're always welcome here!

My friends and I were wondering why some of us were contacted and some were not. So, thank you for explaining!

------------------
Catherine
Mommy Resources Forums coming soon!
Share Your Photos Online For Free
Take Surveys For Cash Read Emails For Cash

jrzgrl
New to WAHM.com
posted November 04, 2004 11:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for jrzgrl   Click Here to Email jrzgrl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thank you Catherine,
I encourage applicants to resend their applications in the future as needs may change. Sometimes it's geographical, timeframes, etc.

Diane

Erin0302
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 09:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Erin0302   Click Here to Email Erin0302     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oh no! I am supposed to be practicing???? Uh-oh... just kidding. Thank you for being so kind in this post, diane, you really ARE a class-act!

Kudos to you!

Erin

------------------

savedbygrace
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 10:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for savedbygrace   Click Here to Email savedbygrace     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Diane,

We really do appreciate your post. Up until now we really didn't have much information about your company, but we appreciate you taking the time to come here to post. I have applied a few times myself, hopefully I will have the privilege of working with your company some time in the future. God bless you and thank you.

vivodream
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 10:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for vivodream   Click Here to Email vivodream     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Diane,
I also really appreciate your post because it is very kind of you to give all of us who have applied with your company a little insight on your company especially since a lot of people have been really interested in learning more about Diondata. I have also applied with your company a couple of times and I hope that one day I could work for you too. Thanks

Vivian

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted November 04, 2004 11:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Great post Dianne and nice to see you again! Glad to hear you and your business are doing well.

------------------
Jobs and Businesses For Work At Home Moms
Cheap Web Hosting for WAHMS- Starting at only $4.95!

P.S.
Moms, see how hard work, guidance and loads of
learning have increased my business
income three-fold.
CLICK HERE

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com