WAHMEE Award
WAHM.com Undercover
Ask Jane
Recipes
WAHM question
WAHM advice

WAHM.com Boards
  Telecommuting Moms
  Are there ANY legit envelope stuffing/mailing jobs?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Are there ANY legit envelope stuffing/mailing jobs?
Tammy122
WAHM.com regular
posted June 03, 2004 09:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tammy122   Click Here to Email Tammy122     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I know envelope stuffing is the biggest scam around, but is there any legit company that hires home workers for mailing jobs?

Thanks!
Tammy

IP: Logged

Somebunny Special
WAHM.com regular
posted June 03, 2004 11:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Somebunny Special   Click Here to Email Somebunny Special     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have never seen a legit one, but maybe there is one somewhere.

Erin

------------------
Telework Recruiting
Your Virtual Employment Resource
Where Work & Professionals are right at home!

nellers
WAHM.com regular
posted June 03, 2004 11:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for nellers   Click Here to Email nellers     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Not that I know of. I think they are all scams.

------------------
Looking for LEGIT Work@Home Jobs?
MommyPlace.Net has them! MommysPlace.NET

brandy6635
New to WAHM.com
posted June 03, 2004 12:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for brandy6635   Click Here to Email brandy6635     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My husbands aunt did envelope stuffing for a local company. She didn't earn much though (only .01 an envelope) and decided it was too much work for not enough money.

terrapin&4boys
WAHM.com regular
posted June 03, 2004 12:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for terrapin&4boys     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
on the internet they are all scams 100% --- sometimes local offices will hire someone to stuff all the envelopes for a flat fee as opposed to pulling one of thier in office workers to do it when that worker may make $15-20 an hour, it saves them cost and they don't lose that worker for the time that it takes to fold and stuff. Usually if you come across one of these and they hire you to do it they will also call you the next time they need someone (which is what makes them rare jobs to find)

------------------
Loretta Oliver
Green's Lunch Box Ads Affordable Business Advertising Solutions!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stitching the Night Away Cross Stitch & Crafting Community

Cheryl@WAHM.com
Board Grand Poobah
posted June 03, 2004 01:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Cheryl@WAHM.com   Click Here to Email Cheryl@WAHM.com     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yes, I agree. I haven't seen a legit one online yet.

However, I know people who have started their own mailing businesses -- but it's much more involved than just stuffing envelopes.

They sell advertising to local businesses, gather all the ads and then mail them all together to potential customers.

Tammy122
WAHM.com regular
posted June 03, 2004 03:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tammy122   Click Here to Email Tammy122     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl@WAHM.com:
Yes, I agree. I haven't seen a legit one online yet.

However, I know people who have started their own mailing businesses -- but it's much more involved than just stuffing envelopes.

They sell advertising to local businesses, gather all the ads and then mail them all together to potential customers.

That is what I thought, thanks for your help!

Tammy

compncards
WAHM.com regular
posted June 05, 2004 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for compncards   Click Here to Email compncards     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Any companies that legitamately need envelope stuffers will hire a bunch of people locally and pay them minimum wage etc to do that sort of work. The most I ever saw for that was 8 an hour and I even worked for them....for 2 days.

bchaderton
WAHM.com regular
posted June 05, 2004 03:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bchaderton     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larger businesses have machinery to do this now, which include stuffing and sorting for bulk mail. I used to do promotional mailings at a real estate office and it's not fun at all. Papercuts galore! Ouch!

Barb

------------------
www.RPG911.com
"Your On-call RPG Resource for AS/400 Solutions"

www.TeleworkRecruiting.com
"Where work and professionals are both at home"

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com