Melaleuca?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Melaleuca?
MommyBrandi
unregistered
posted June 29, 2004 12:37 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi everyone -
I joined a group of people (a branch off of the Mom Team) recruiting sales reps for Melaleuca. My hubby and I were really excited about the business opportunity at first, but now we've heard some rough things about Melaleuca's retention rate and commission plan. It seems everything's not as upfront as it seems.

We also have to buy products every month. We were told 35 points (~$50), but after I signed up I found out once you advance, the point requirement increases to 75 (~$120). They told us the products were 30% less than retail; they even use Wal-Mart as their example. I can tell you my husband would never pay $6 for deodorant or shaving gel at Wal-Mart, but that's how much Melaleuca's is.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experience with the company. Are we justified or getting cold feet?

IP: Logged

MommyEnterprises
New to WAHM.com
posted July 04, 2004 01:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MommyEnterprises   Click Here to Email MommyEnterprises     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am with Melaleuca and am very pleased with their products even though I have to spend a little extra

Stefani Partin

------------------
Mommy Enterprises
http://www.mommyenterprises.com

wfhmom2003
unregistered
posted August 12, 2004 08:22 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am with Melaleuca and you have not made a mistake. The products are very concentrated and last a lot longer than regular store brands, which is where the savings comes in. Also they assume that you are committed to them and the product line and have converted your house over completely to get all the toxins out.
I love my business and after 37 years of allergy and asthma medicine, I am no longer taking any, because of switching to Melaleuca's products and nutritional supplements. Using their products is where your integrity comes in referring others to the company. Keep trying the products, you will see a difference, I promise.

wfhmom2004
New to WAHM.com
posted August 13, 2004 09:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for wfhmom2004     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

I am with Melaleuca too! I love it. The products extremely well, and much safer and healthier for my family. Let me give you an example of saving money. The Touch and Tender is an outstanding all purpose cleaner. The PC cost is 4.99. It makes 4 24oz bottles of cleaner. Compare that to the one bottle of what you are currently using. Now also consider this. There is no fumes, or harsh chemicals. Safe if a little one would swallow it. And you can use it for things like, of course your kitchen, but now add, getting chocolate milk out of beige carpet, marks off the wall, washing you veggies, and bubble bath! THe are so many uses for many of the products.

Now if you are concidering it as a biz, yes there is a one time change in agreement to order 75 points instead if 35. And that will never increase after that. At diector, you shoould be making enough to pay for you products. And remember, in most states they are tax deductible. Since the company exspects us to have integrity, for us to recommend a product, we need to know about it. And the best way to do that is to try new products and create your own personal exprience. You are not stock piling product to resell, we simply refer others to the company. But we need to know what we are recommending. Their are so many products, you and you family with benifit both health wise, and financially if you just stick with it!

moneyathome
unregistered
posted August 24, 2004 03:48 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well I can tell you that I think I made a mistake joining Melaleuca. The group I joined (also branch off of the Mom Team) were very deceptive in telling me how the "backorders" worked. The leads that I bought from them were people who didn't know anything about the company or it's products, and I felt like a telemarketer. And when I wanted to get out, this group of moms told me to fax Melaleuca my cancelation (they said it would be the best and fastest way to do it after I listened to another half hour of bla bla bla), only to find out that Melaleuca does not accept cancellations by fax, and never has, so I ended up paying for another "backorder." Keep buying your products from your favorite health food grocer that sells products that REALLY are 100% natural, you'll get them for cheaper, you only have to buy what you need, and you stay away from this pyramid scheme. Just my opinion! And when you do want to get out, write them a letter, sign it, and if you put your husband on the account he has to sign it too.

Krystalrain
New to WAHM.com
posted August 29, 2004 04:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Krystalrain   Click Here to Email Krystalrain     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you go to
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/AFTERMOMS/ its a site where moms tell their stories about what happened after being misled. You will find MANY stories about Mela. I had considered joining untill I looked up the site. I don't care what you guys say there prices are Beyond expensive. Just recently I accidently filled out a form for more information. Who new they have like 20 different names for there teams. Once she started talking I knew it was Mela. I told her that I was not interested. She went on and on about the how wonderful and safe the products are and how I needed to secure my families financal freedom. After saying no about 2 more times I told her I would not buy any of these products no matter how great they are. And I could not sell something that I wouldn't buy myself. But she still went on and on. I thought I was going to have to just hung up because she wasn't taking no for answer. I know they are not all like that but the ones who are help give Mela bad name. I hope I don't offend any happy Mela people out there. This is just my opinion and my experience. I am a broker with Ameriplan now and I do believe in this company. Before you join any business do your OWN research.

------------------
April Ingram
AmeriplanUSA
Independent Business Owner
We have the best training program on the web
www.iboplus.com/aingram1
take a look 30 NEW fall products
www.pamperedchef.biz/aprilthechefjoinme

[This message has been edited by Krystalrain (edited August 29, 2004).]

12bhome
WAHM.com regular
posted August 30, 2004 02:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 12bhome   Click Here to Email 12bhome     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi there!
First of all, the company itself, Melaleuca, is a good company with integrity and morals.. now, what has happened in my opinion is that certain people branched off and brought it to the internet, and are not giving the FULL details upfront just because they want you to be a customer. You will find, on any board, pros and cons to Melaleuca. I have been in the business for 3 years and I no longer do the business now. The whole business itself did not set well with me. I could not tell someone, who had no money at all, that joining Mela was going to make them rich. It was not morally correct. Plus, I think it is wrong that a company tell its consultants to purchase so much a month. I continue to purchase from Melaleuca only because I do love some of their products. I will no longer do the business. I have moved on to bigger and better things that make me feel like a better person because of it. Everyone feels differently about this company, but in truth... Melaleuca started out as a home party business, and in reality, should have stayed that way. People who attend a party get to try out the products and truly learn why Melaleuca's products are different. NOW, there are teams that represent Melaleuca, and they aren't doing it justice! I'm sorry that you are having second thoughts. IF you want to quit, WRITE them a letter saying you want to quit and MAIL it to them. You will be done! Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to be up front and honest with you!

------------------
Southern Living at HOME!
Claire Berard
www.southernlivingathome.com/claireb
southernhome@cox.net

mommyhope
New to WAHM.com
posted August 31, 2004 01:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mommyhope   Click Here to Email mommyhope     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i almost joined one of these groups working for mel but it was a turn off bc it was a big commitment considering they want your money your basically the customer and emloyee which is fine but it seemed a little too much bc then you call other people whow ant to work and basically sell the product and get them to work i dont know it seemed like an akward cycle. yoiu can make money though and there products are good but it doesnt make it the best deal or best wah opp.

working1
New to WAHM.com
posted September 15, 2004 11:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for working1   Click Here to Email working1     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MommyEnterprises:
I am with Melaleuca and am very pleased with their products even though I have to spend a little extra

Stefani Partin

working1
New to WAHM.com
posted September 16, 2004 12:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for working1   Click Here to Email working1     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hello, I just joined melaleuca about a month and a half a go. I just love the products.
The toothpaste is the best. It has made an incredible difference in my teeth. There are so many of the products I love. I believe if I would of started using it when I was a kid my teeth wouldn't have all those fillings.
I will admit it's kinda hard to get people interested. Because people just don't see the incredible opportunity. It just makes sense. Buying what you need every month. Referring customers and having your needs paid for every month. And helping them get people signed up to have their debt eliminated every month. Every business no matter what takes hard work. But not every business makes as much sense. This makes sense. I am not saying I am an expert far from it. But I do want this to work for me.
And because they have over 300 products that everyone in your family benifits from not just the males females or the little ones. Really how can you go wrong.
But I will never go back to the old products. It's a business and maybe it will work for me and maybe it won't but I am going to try to make it work and help others to make it work as well.. I want that new mini van sitting in my garage. That melaleuca is going to pay for.
I may not become as big as Jim McCune and Mary Martha but I want to give it a shot.
It's a business people put the effort forth
beleive in the products and the opportunity.
It takes time and negativity does not make a business work... Anybody that can help me
make a good go at this Please email me..
I don't want to go back to my old job.
Because it was unhealthy and did not make me rich. Thank you Kathy challenger@centurytel.net

andymm
WAHM.com regular
posted September 17, 2004 03:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for andymm   Click Here to Email andymm     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
When you join any Network Marketing Group, the only way to make money is through sales and either recruiting other distributors to do the sales for you.

This is in no ways a scam, but reality.

The other way to go is to build a really great website, and apply the internet into your marketing efforts, then you don't ever have to use someone's list of people to call. Telemarketers coldcall, you shouldn't.

Hope everything works out with your Melaleuca situation in time.

------------------
Independent Herbalife Distributor with Internet Retailing Success
http://www.google.com/search?q=independent+herbalife+distributor

ScottC
unregistered
posted September 30, 2004 05:23 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MommyBrandi:
Hi everyone -
I joined a group of people (a branch off of the Mom Team) recruiting sales reps for Melaleuca. My hubby and I were really excited about the business opportunity at first, but now we've heard some rough things about Melaleuca's retention rate and commission plan. It seems everything's not as upfront as it seems.

We also have to buy products every month. We were told 35 points (~$50), but after I signed up I found out once you advance, the point requirement increases to 75 (~$120). They told us the products were 30% less than retail; they even use Wal-Mart as their example. I can tell you my husband would never pay $6 for deodorant or shaving gel at Wal-Mart, but that's how much Melaleuca's is.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experience with the company. Are we justified or getting cold feet?

Hi I have been with melaleuca for 2 months and before i sent any money i came to message boards such as this one. i have noticed two things that tend to be the biggest complaints against melaleuca. First, the whole 35 point order thing, if you truly switch stores and buy only from melaleuca those products that you normally use that melaleuca sells , then you should have no problem making a 35 point order, in fact you will probably order more than 35 points in some months. Second, There has been a lot of talk about the MOMSWIN team. I don't know wether these things people say are true or not, BUT i will say it sounds like people just didn't do their homework BEFORE they signed up. It is just unimaginable to me for anyone who is SERIOUS about a home based business and not looking for a "get rich quick" scheme, would not do any research to find these basic facts on their own. The truth is you can't blame anyone else for your own lack of planning. There is NO such thing as a get rich quick business. If you think or hope that oneday you will find one, then i have some ocean front property if North Dakota to sell you. It takes hard work and commitment to suceed in any business, PERIOD!!! And just one more thing, the shave gel is only 3.99 not 6.00

WAHM.com regular
posted October 29, 2004 08:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 3684   Click Here to Email 3684     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I agree with your comments.
There are a number of good companies around with good products/services who have adopted a direct sales or MLM approach.

Whether it is then a "good" or otherwise model is highly dependent upon the integrity of the people involved or the folks in your team. Even the best system comes down to the people in it. Do all the research and due diligence you can on the product, and the people. Can you work with the people? What are their traits? Will they help you achieve your objectives? Can you make more $ than them? Must you stock up on inventory? WHat return policies does the company have? etc...
Questions like these must be made, asked and then answered. You must be comfortable working with the people in your team, and at the end of the day you must be able to look at yourself in the mirror and still recognise yourself.

We are in the end working with people. Help people (not use them) and you will be helped in return.

babycakes34
WAHM.com regular
posted October 30, 2004 03:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for babycakes34   Click Here to Email babycakes34     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was with Mela aka The Mom Team it's like anything else if your not making enough money a money, you can't afford the product you have to buy a month! If the products last so long people don't need them as frequently!, Your idea is to make money not spend it!!!!

acozyhome
WAHM.com regular
posted November 07, 2004 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for acozyhome   Click Here to Email acozyhome     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I signed on with Melaleuca, or the MoM team as it is presented. The products were okay, but I didnt like the pressure of calling people and telling them about trying and buying the products especially on a month to month basis. Anyway, this was in 2002, I just sent back my automatic order and never heard from them again. Which was good, but hey to each his own. Now I am happy that I didnt continue.

along
unregistered
posted November 12, 2004 11:12 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I've been with Mela for 2 years. I don't like the way some people/teams choose to do business, but they are just people. I chose to do my own reserach when I found out about this company, and the bottom line is, I am a customer because I have small children and the chemical issues were a concern for me. I wanted a toxin free home and Mela products are cheaper than health foods store brands. The vitamins have made a differnce in all of my family's health, and I will continue to use the products because I like them and they work for me! It wasn't about the business for me, it was the products. It's a shame that some people are deceptive and will do anything to "make a buck". . . . if you're going into any sort of home based business, there is going to be "sales", recruiting, etc. of some type. Every "home business" has a business model and there are drawbacks to every one.

watchdog
New to WAHM.com
posted November 12, 2004 01:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for watchdog     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I have no involvement with Melaleuca. I have been with another company for quite some time now...However, what I do know about Melaleuca is all positive. Its a quality company recieving high marks from such publications as MLM Insider Magazine.

Often times with Multi-level marketing (Network Marketing) there comes a huge misconception about the business. I hear the word "Pyramid" for example...which is totally bogus. Pyramids are illegal for one thing, but more importantly is the new comp plans that alot of newer companies are using.

There is a reason why a MLM product runs a little higher than "Sam's Choice" When you choose to do a business (such as Melaleuca)you have to decide many things...such as overhead costs, payroll costs, insurance costs, office costs...or store fronts costs, inventory...and so on. The advantage to MLM is that you don't have alot of these costs..associated to running an average business. True, you do have to buy the product that you are selling.....but wouldn't you want to anyways? Why would you go into business and not feel good about using the products you are offering (unless of course you didn't like the product?)

The whole point of MLM is to move product. Instead of hiring an advertisement team to go and promote the product..they have chosen to have distibutors move the product by word of mouth sales. In essence, they get a small referrel fee everytime someone joins or buys the product.

Go out and investigate why Robert Allen *real estate guru* and Robert Kiyosaki *Rich Dad, Poor Dad..author* says that MLM is a huge business.

Don't get cold feet in any quality MLM company you choose to work with....think of it as a marathon and not a sprint and you'll be thankful for the residual income down the road.

Make it a great day!!!!!

kendalynsmom
unregistered
posted November 19, 2004 09:27 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I did Melaluca for 4 mts back in 2001. I was on the computer for HOURS placing my ads. I had 3 interested ppl TOTAL! I made a whopping $3.43 TOTAL. I like their products but they are outrageously high priced. Also, the "minimum to order" each month was alot more than I needed and therefore NOT saving me money. I wasn't making money by working for them and I wasn't saving money by buying from them so how was I suppose to convince others that they would?.......

newtothis
unregistered
posted November 19, 2004 06:00 PM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I was introduce to Melaleuca in October by a close friend that I trust...all I can say is I still haven't received my check in the mail that was to "pay me back for my order." All I wanted was to be a customer but then my freind told me that I would get cheaper prices if I became a perferred customer (pc). After reviewing the prices, I decided to become a perferred customer which cost me approx $35.00 (such like becoming a memeber at Sams Club). Then she also told me that I would have to spend aprox $65.00 per month! Now that I think about it, it is perrty steep to be committed to somthing every month when you don't use all of Melaleuca products. I am thinking about just paying the regular price now becasue all I need are the VitaBears and the Provex due to my daughter's asthma. At the PC price I would pay $20.00 for both....but that is not enough per month for Melaleca. If I became just a customer I would pay $30.00(apprx) every other month...becasue these products last my little 3 year old a long time. Do I really have to convert my home in order for her to get the full benifits? She is doing so well now without me switching everything ans spending hundreds of dollars all at once/and spending even more a year! I am asking you guys because I know I will get the truth. If I ask my childhood freind she would only go on babbling about how important it is ti convert and commit....and how great this and how great that...(if I need to convert then I will, for my Child) but do I need to spend my hard earn money if it itsn't necessarry. Times are geting hard. And as far as my husband is concerned, he thinks it is all just BS! Help this confused mom! PLEASE!

smagill
New to WAHM.com
posted November 20, 2004 02:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for smagill     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melaleuca is a GREAT company if you get with the right program!!! My team is great and work with you as a team!! Visit me here: http://www.gillyshomebiz.com

quote:
Originally posted by MommyBrandi:
Hi everyone -

[This message has been edited by smagill (edited November 20, 2004).]

smagill
New to WAHM.com
posted November 20, 2004 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for smagill     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melaleuca is a GREAT company if you get with the right program!!! My team is great and work with you as a team!! Visit me here: http://www.gillyshomebiz.com

quote:
Originally posted by moneyathome:
Well I can tell you that I think I made a mistake joining Melaleuca. The group I joined (also branch off of the Mom Team) were very deceptive in telling me how the "backorders" worked. The leads that I bought from them were people who didn't know anything about the company or it's products, and I felt like a telemarketer. And when I wanted to get out, this group of moms told me to fax Melaleuca my cancelation (they said it would be the best and fastest way to do it after I listened to another half hour of bla bla bla), only to find out that Melaleuca does not accept cancellations by fax, and never has, so I ended up paying for another "backorder." Keep buying your products from your favorite health food grocer that sells products that REALLY are 100% natural, you'll get them for cheaper, you only have to buy what you need, and you stay away from this pyramid scheme. Just my opinion! And when you do want to get out, write them a letter, sign it, and if you put your husband on the account he has to sign it too.

watchdog
New to WAHM.com
posted December 03, 2004 08:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for watchdog     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I don't know the insides of Melaleuca. I work with a very successful team with Usana. I have heard many good things about Melaleuca, but don't ever feel pushed into doing anything. It may or maynot be the right business for you. It doesn't mean that you won't be successful in something else. There is a great opportunity with MLM. But, come to the understanding that it will take time, effort, and money, like most good business opportunities. Here is a question you should consider before joining any mlm opportunity: Are you passionate about the products, the service, and the company? If you're not..than I wouldn't do it. BUT...with that being said....for some of you who are in a legit company and you do value the product and company, and you have the financial support to keep you in the business..DON'T GIVE UP! You can make an honest living doing this. Think of it as a marathon NOT a sprint. Don't listen to the negative voices in and outside your head.

RickyScot
New to WAHM.com
posted December 22, 2004 11:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for RickyScot   Click Here to Email RickyScot     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I worked with Mel for 9 months and found it hard pursueing the business as stated the monthly order is very high and being single I found myself stocking up, I agree the products are very good value but not 100% natural as stated in the catalogue "a mixture of science and nature" so if you are completely green you won't be impressed, I have since downgraded to direct customer and will order what and when required I have now redirected my funds to a more business like project and any ex melr's out there looking for alternatives this one here is really worth looking at, http://tinyurl.com/4x7d6
Good luck and godbless
Ricky

moedandy
New to WAHM.com
posted January 14, 2005 07:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for moedandy   Click Here to Email moedandy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Everyone
i was in melaleuca for a few months. I didn't like that melaleuca took out 66.99 or something like that every month if you didn't buy your 35 product points, My last month in teh business, I didn't have the money, I called up the company They told me i had to send them a letter before the 25 it was already the 23 rd, They didn't get the letter in time, SO I had to borrow the money so it wouldn't bounce in my account, That really pissed me off. Anyways that next month, I still had financial dificulties, I wrote them a letter to cancel the next month, and they did that what I wanted them to do, But never told me that I would lose my downline.
ANyways, I Started with another business, which is unbelievable. Checl it out! www.teamgano.com
maurice_leblanc@fastmail.ca

WBongalis
New to WAHM.com
posted January 28, 2005 07:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for WBongalis   Click Here to Email WBongalis     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just started with another MLM company called Vemma Builder at the end of December 2004. The product you market is the Vemma Nutrition Program. You also have to buy the product. I thought I would try it for 1 month. So far I've invested around $172.00 and I've earned $67.00. I am on my way to being in the green!

I did research the internet about the product & company (Parent company is New Vision.) They just started the Vemma program on 11/1/04, so I'm getting in on the ground floor. I've heard alot of negative things about this Melaleuca program. I don't feel like Vemma is the same thing. I am very excited about this program. I tried all kinds of Home Based Internet Business. Paid to read e-mails, taking surveys, and the VMC Satellite Affiliate thing (VMC is a SCAM!)

I've been the only one so far in the household who has been drinking the product (Liquid Vitamins w/ Mangosteen) and everyone else is sick. I am the only one who doesn't have the cough and cold going around. So next month I'm buying enough for the whole family.

If you want check out my website:
http://www.vemmabuilder.com/108281305/wmel

To your success & health!

Wendy

rnevils
WAHM.com regular
posted February 18, 2005 05:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rnevils   Click Here to Email rnevils     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In my opinion, the whole Mela thing is too secretive and confusing. Why call yourself the mom team, etc.? Why not just say up front what the business is?

------------------
Rachel
www.beautipage.com/ren

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com