WAHM Links
WAHMEE Award
WAHM.com Undercover
Ask Jane
Recipes
WAHM question
WAHM advice

WAHM.com Boards
  Join the Discussions, Meet other WAHMs - NO ADS!
  cleaning

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   cleaning
scottle
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 07:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for scottle     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My daughter is 7 1/2 months old. During eating time she loves to make a mess. By the time she is done there is food all over her high chair. I was trying to clean it off the other day with a lot of difficulty. I was tempted to pull out the old 409 cleaner and spray it down, but she will put her mouth on it and I don't want her to be injesting chemicals. Does anyone know of a safe way to clean things like this without using harsh chemicals? I looked into Melecula but you have to pay $29 bucks to join just to buy the products. No thanks! I'm just looking for a solution, not a way to throw my money away.

Thanks!!

IP: Logged

SAHMinMO
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 07:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SAHMinMO     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do you have a dishwasher, and if so, will the tray fit into it?

elfinsnow
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 07:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for elfinsnow   Click Here to Email elfinsnow     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I always washed my son`s off with hot soapy water. I just used dishsoap in the water.

A couple times he made a major mess, and I threw the whole high chair in the shower, rinsed it down, soaped it up with dish soap and rinsed it down again. Then I let it dry right in there.

Hope this helps!
Terry

------------------
What do Monkey Farts, Best Friends, and God’s Love have in common?
They are 3 of White Lily Candle`s Handpoured Soy Candles and Body Products scents!
White Lily Candles

igloochik
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 08:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for igloochik   Click Here to Email igloochik     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you're looking for a safer sort of cleaner, and don't want to join a business to GET it, you may want to skip on over to my Watkins website and get our Organic Cleaner. It's super-concentrated--one bottle makes up to 64 gallons of cleaner, and it runs under 10.00. Also, we carry a biodegradable degreaser, also super-concentrated. You can mix the two and use it to do dishes, clean walls, all sorts of things. No harsh detergents or phosphates.
http://www.watkinsonline.com/kellysutton

I use it in varying strengths for all sorts of things--even washing my truck!

Kelly

------------------
Kelly Sutton
Enter our candle giveaway and find out how you can join ScentSations for FREE!

Need extra income? Read our FREE e-book, "A Better Life for You and Your Family!"

lexibethr
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 10:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lexibethr   Click Here to Email lexibethr     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I too usually just put it in the sink and wash it with a rag and hot soapy dish water. I do know that there is some kind of spray cleaner but I cant remember the name of it. I saw it about a week ago in Walmart it was in the Infants Department by the sippy cups and bottles it is to be used to clean stuff that could come in contact with childrens mouths. I never used it so i dont know how good it is at cleaning but I know its a name brand company (Johnson &Johnson or Gerber) and its supposed to be completly harmless to kids.

coresumes
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 12:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for coresumes   Click Here to Email coresumes     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ORANGE GLOW!!!!

Walmart, about $3-4

------------------
Jennifer Anthony
coresumes@yahoo.com
ResumeASAP.com

Olive Dyck
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 05:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Olive Dyck   Click Here to Email Olive Dyck     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
White vinegar and hot (as hot as you can stand) water.

------------------
Want to cross-stitch a favorite photo? Email me for more info.

Come see me at Ryze!

adbullock
WAHM.com regular
posted January 22, 2005 05:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for adbullock   Click Here to Email adbullock     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Baking soda and warm water. Vinegar works too, but it smells. I like both of these options because they are cheap and usually something you have on hand. Also vinegar is a great fabric softener put some in a downey ball works wonders. And baking soda is great for whitening laundry...just in case you wanted to know what else to do with these things...LOL.

------------------
Andrea
dental benefits

I'm on Ryze!

purplestar22
WAHM.com regular
posted January 23, 2005 10:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for purplestar22     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I keep a spary bottle with 1 cup of vinegar and the rest filled with water all the time just for cleaning my daughter's highchair! It only smells for a second while your wiping it off then it goes away!

psbp
WAHM.com regular
posted January 23, 2005 11:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for psbp     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
There's also a spray cleaner called "Simple Green" that is safe to use. You could probably get it a Walmart or any store like that. In the summertime - I like to take my daughters highchair outside and hose it down!!

------------------
Patti Prevost
Independent Consultant Big Yellow Box by Crayola (tm)
Ask me about my creative career!
www.bigyellowbox.net/creativeplaytime
creativeplaytime@comcast.net

katiev
WAHM.com regular
posted January 23, 2005 07:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for katiev   Click Here to Email katiev     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
you can get one of those handheld steam cleaners, from the shopping channels for around $30, what could be safer than water ?

LaurensMom
WAHM.com regular
posted January 23, 2005 07:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LaurensMom   Click Here to Email LaurensMom     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I I LOVE Simple Green, I use it for everything. I believe it's non toxic, leaves everything smelling so clean. I don't have to rinse it, especially if I only use a little or use it diluted.

I get mine at Costco, gallon size, and it lasts me a couple of years.

You can use it for laundry, floors, bathroom, you name it.

Renee

------------------
Save Up To 80% on your Travel

20-30 Recruits Weekly, email for your Free Report
renee_g@dslextreme.com

[This message has been edited by LaurensMom (edited January 23, 2005).]

alimfp23
WAHM.com regular
posted January 23, 2005 08:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for alimfp23     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
We just use hot soapy water. For the tray, I use the hottest water possible and spray it down (we don't have a dishwasher).

During the summer, we take the highchairs out every week or so and really scrub them down and spray them down afterwards.

------------------
Alison
http://www.myfotopost.com/wa/

LauraD
New to WAHM.com
posted January 23, 2005 08:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LauraD   Click Here to Email LauraD     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi
I don’t know about other cleaning products my friend, but I do know that Shaklee cleaning products work for us and are very safe!
And they are backed by a 100% money back guarantee even
if you finish the bottle J !!
another great thing is you do not need to be a member to make a purchase!
Here is some terrific information about our cleaners! http://www.shaids.com/a/1411/the_cleaner_difference.htm
hope you find it helpful…
Have a great day..
Blessings,
Laura
Want to lose weight…. ask me how http://www.shaids.com/a/1411/weight_management.htm

ninasmommy
WAHM.com regular
posted January 24, 2005 12:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ninasmommy   Click Here to Email ninasmommy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I trust Shaklee products for my family above ALL the others out there.

Click here to see for yourself

scottle
WAHM.com regular
posted January 26, 2005 10:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for scottle     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thank you all so much! I now have a clean high chair again, at least until the next feeding!

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com