WAHM.com Boards
  Herbalife Sales
  Question about Herbalife

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Question about Herbalife
amdawn
WAHM.com regular
posted October 07, 2004 04:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for amdawn   Click Here to Email amdawn     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi, I'm not looking to sell Herbalife, I'm just looking for some info on it.

Is it ephedra free and free of artificial flavors or sweeteners(such as aspartame and saccharine)

I'm not usually a big fan of diet plans that are so restrictive, but I've got about 25 lbs. of baby fat left to lose, and thought I might give it a try. But I don't want to pay such an exorbitant amount for something that either doesn't work, or isn't safe.

I don't want all the sales pitches, I just want to make sure of the above.

Thanks,

Amber

IP: Logged

herbalife support
New to WAHM.com
posted October 07, 2004 06:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for herbalife support   Click Here to Email herbalife support     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Amber,

we tried to send an email to you, but your email keeps rejecting.

we can assure you that the above ingredients are not in any of our products and can show you how to get a 25%-35% discount if money is a major concern.

All info you need and websites you can browse are available if you email us your correct address to herbalifesupport@hotmail.com

Thankyou and have a great day

SandyTSA
unregistered
posted October 07, 2004 11:00 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi there
I'm not a herbalife distributor but I bought some products from a friend who is. The shake and fibre tabs gave me bad nausea, cramps and constipation after 3 days. I stopped using herbalife and the problems went away. Tried again a few weeks later, same story. I use the shake in fruit juice, not milk as I'm a bit lactose intolerant. Have since discovered from talking to other people that constipation, cramps and nausea are VERY common among people who use the shake.
Does anyone know why this is or have any comments or suggestions?
Thanks!

andymm
WAHM.com regular
posted October 07, 2004 03:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for andymm   Click Here to Email andymm     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dawn,

You can visit herbalife.com and review all the product labels.

Herbalife has been promoting their Shapeworks line heavily based on Dr. Heber's book.

You should check that out to see if the new ShapeWorks line is right for you.

quote:
Originally posted by amdawn:
Hi, I'm not looking to sell Herbalife, I'm just looking for some info on it.

Is it ephedra free and free of artificial flavors or sweeteners(such as aspartame and saccharine)

I'm not usually a big fan of diet plans that are so restrictive, but I've got about 25 lbs. of baby fat left to lose, and thought I might give it a try. But I don't want to pay such an exorbitant amount for something that either doesn't work, or isn't safe.

I don't want all the sales pitches, I just want to make sure of the above.

Thanks,

Amber

------------------
Independent Herbalife Distributor with Internet Retailing Success
http://www.google.com/search?q=independent+herbalife+distributor

To start the business, you need an "Herbalife IBP Kit."

andymm
WAHM.com regular
posted October 07, 2004 03:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for andymm   Click Here to Email andymm     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sandy,

Once you have a bad reaction to any product. The first thing to do is return the products and demand a refund. Why do you keep subjecting your body to more than it can take?

quote:
Originally posted by SandyTSA:
The shake and fibre tabs gave me bad nausea, cramps and constipation after 3 days.
Thanks!

------------------

herbalife support
New to WAHM.com
posted October 07, 2004 03:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for herbalife support   Click Here to Email herbalife support     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi Sandy,

I don't intend to come across rude, but my first question is, if your friend is doing such a good job of weekly follow-up with you as they should be and sorting any problems like this out, why are you posting for answers on this board? or is your friens just taking your money and providing no support for you.

Anyway, onto the problems. There are some things you can try.

1. You must be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and given the possibility that a fibre product is causing constipation (maybe, maybe not) you should either take the fibre product with a large glass or two of water each time you take it.

2. Nausea can be caused to some people if they take the tablets on an empt stomach. Not a problem for myself, but some of my customers, yes. Take the tablets after your shake or main meal not before.

3. Apart from the shake, you should not make major dietary changes, such as immediately giving up large amounts of coffee, tea, etc as this will cause headaches and feeling lousy even if you do this and do not take the products.

4. You do not say if you are mixing the shake in a juice you like? (I know it sounds silly but happens more often than you might think) You may also like to try a soy or rice milk (many varieties and just as many diffent tastes to soy )

5. The body will for many people go through a detox period which can last 2-3 to even 5 days when your body is getting rid of lots of muck and at the same time getting all this great pure nutrition from the products

6 It's a bit hard to do any follow-up like this without knowing if you have any other conditions or only overweight, but I do hope you persist and that your friend works with you on a weekly basis to get a great result. If not you can always email us at herbalifesupport@hotmail.com although you might prefer to stick with your friend.

Also you might ask your friend to be doing weekly follow-up with you and all their clients if they are not or their business will fall over very quickly.

Unfortunately lack of follow-up from certain distributors through either greed, lack of knowledge or fear is the number one reason people don't get great results on these products. Period.

Contact us if you need to, but hope this has been of some assistance

quote:
Originally posted by SandyTSA:
Hi there
I'm not a herbalife distributor but I bought some products from a friend who is. The shake and fibre tabs gave me bad nausea, cramps and constipation after 3 days. I stopped using herbalife and the problems went away. Tried again a few weeks later, same story. I use the shake in fruit juice, not milk as I'm a bit lactose intolerant. Have since discovered from talking to other people that constipation, cramps and nausea are VERY common among people who use the shake.
Does anyone know why this is or have any comments or suggestions?
Thanks!

andymm
WAHM.com regular
posted October 07, 2004 06:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for andymm   Click Here to Email andymm     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Herbalife Support,

Obviously you are giving great support, and it is commendable. However every Herbalife customer should realize that the Herbalife diet is not right for everyone. Some people will have success with it, and some people will not have success with it.

The key is to give the products a try, and if you feel that it is not right or having an adverse reaction to the products, you are more than entitled to a refund.

If you are having great success with it, then by all means continue with the products. However don't feel it necessary to apply the philosophy of: If it works for me, it will in fact work for all.

Sandy, I believe you gave Herbalife products more than 1-2 tries. That's more than enough. There are many other diets alternatives on the market you should try and stick to the one that works for you. The same applies as there are many happy Herbalife customers who continue to repeat using the products every month, which supports my business.

Do not stick with distributors who will keep forcing you to try different methods if you don't want to. You are basically dealing with your own body, and you should know it better than them to continue or not with Herbalife.

I personally DO NOT take any of the Herbalife products, but do sell a lot of it because the demand is big enough to make a good living off it. All my customers have choices, as I have managed a few thousands of their orders.

Like I said, some hate the stuff after an initial try and some love it.

quote:
Originally posted by herbalife support:
Hi Sandy,

------------------

[This message has been edited by andymm (edited October 08, 2004).]

crisleem
New to WAHM.com
posted October 21, 2004 09:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for crisleem     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
From everything I have learned, some people have 'problems' when beginning Herbalife either because of the soy, which some can not take, or because your body is not used to such a huge change in diet. I have been on Herbalife for 5 months now. I didn't experience what you did, but it was tough the first month. But now, I feel so much better. As a matter of fact when I eat a not so good for you meal, I feel terrible.
The shakes are chocked full of vitamins. So, if you aren't used to eatting very well, or taking lots of vitamins, it will shock your system. But possibly it is the soy. I suggest anyone give it way more than two weeks. I didn't like it till the second month.
I feel like a million bucks, and I haven't felt this way in nealy 10 years.
To the other poster: non of the products contain ephedra or anything close to it. You can read all of the labels at www.herbalife.com.
Good luck to all.

quote:
Originally posted by andymm:
Dawn,

You can visit herbalife.com and review all the product labels.

Herbalife has been promoting their Shapeworks line heavily based on Dr. Heber's book.

You should check that out to see if the new ShapeWorks line is right for you.

SandyTSA
unregistered
posted October 29, 2004 04:30 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks Andy!
I have not asked for a refund but I have stopped using the product and won't order more. I just wanted to give it a chance and not immediately blame the product.
Thanks for the feedback.
I won't ask for a refund because my friend is struggling financially but I won't order more.
Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by andymm:
Sandy,

Once you have a bad reaction to any product. The first thing to do is return the products and demand a refund. Why do you keep subjecting your body to more than it can take?

SandyTSA
unregistered
posted October 29, 2004 04:59 AM           Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi there

No, you didn't come across as rude at all. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

1) Yes, I normally drink at least 2 litres of water a day anyway. Admittedly, I wasn't taking the fibre product with 2 glasses of water but do drink my water throughout the day and not all in one go.

2) Yes, I definitely get nauseous if I take tablets on an empty stomach. I was taking the fibre tablets after the shake but the nausea and cramps lasted throughout the day, long after I'd taken the shake and fibre.

3) My standard diet doesn't include a lot of unhealthy stuff. I don't drink coffee and I normally take a multi-vitamin (which I stopped when I went onto the shake) plus extra vitamin E and omega 3.

4) Yup. I was using my favourite fruit juices. This is a really good point though - I do believe that if you don't like the taste of something, don't eat/drink it. Your body knows. I really don't like soy or rice milk at all so I didn't even try those. Maybe it is the soy content that causes my problems!

5) As I mentioned earlier, I already have a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, water, balanced diet, plenty of fibre and fruit, etc. I do detox occasionally and maintain a healthy body weight.

6) I'm not actually overweight. I was using the shake as a convenient way to get a completely nutritious breakfast, which I often skip because of time constraints.

I'm guessing that the soy content was probably causing my problems. I haven't reacted badly to soy before but I really, really don't like the taste of any soy products I've had.

I did ask my friend about the constipation. She suggested stopping the fibre tablets since, according to her, the fibre is meant to stop the shake moving through the digestive system too quickly.

I really do appreciate your detailed and thorough feedback. Thanks very much! I'll chat to my friend and ask about her follow ups. I didn't want to ask for a refund because she's struggling financially but I haven't ordered more or used the product since.

Thanks very much!!

Sandy

quote:
Originally posted by herbalife support:
Hi Sandy,

I don't intend to come across rude, but my first question is, if your friend is doing such a good job of weekly follow-up with you as they should be and sorting any problems like this out, why are you posting for answers on this board? or is your friens just taking your money and providing no support for you.

Anyway, onto the problems. There are some things you can try.

1. You must be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and given the possibility that a fibre product is causing constipation (maybe, maybe not) you should either take the fibre product with a large glass or two of water each time you take it.

2. Nausea can be caused to some people if they take the tablets on an empt stomach. Not a problem for myself, but some of my customers, yes. Take the tablets after your shake or main meal not before.

3. Apart from the shake, you should not make major dietary changes, such as immediately giving up large amounts of coffee, tea, etc as this will cause headaches and feeling lousy even if you do this and do not take the products.

4. You do not say if you are mixing the shake in a juice you like? (I know it sounds silly but happens more often than you might think) You may also like to try a soy or rice milk (many varieties and just as many diffent tastes to soy )

5. The body will for many people go through a detox period which can last 2-3 to even 5 days when your body is getting rid of lots of muck and at the same time getting all this great pure nutrition from the products

6 It's a bit hard to do any follow-up like this without knowing if you have any other conditions or only overweight, but I do hope you persist and that your friend works with you on a weekly basis to get a great result. If not you can always email us at herbalifesupport@hotmail.com although you might prefer to stick with your friend.

Also you might ask your friend to be doing weekly follow-up with you and all their clients if they are not or their business will fall over very quickly.

Unfortunately lack of follow-up from certain distributors through either greed, lack of knowledge or fear is the number one reason people don't get great results on these products. Period.

Contact us if you need to, but hope this has been of some assistance

oneparticularharbor
New to WAHM.com
posted November 01, 2004 10:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for oneparticularharbor   Click Here to Email oneparticularharbor     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just started the herbalife too! I am 110 pounds overweight and after a bad tummy attack was told by a gastroenterologist to give it a try. I would love to have an herbalife buddy to compare notes with, so anyone on this, if you want to write me and we become online diet buddies, that would be great.

Elana

dschutte
New to WAHM.com
posted November 17, 2004 09:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for dschutte   Click Here to Email dschutte     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dear Herbalife Distributor,

This news may be unsettling, but there is no need to despair. Read to the end and learn about the company that top Herbalife distributors are moving their customer base to.

Herbalife Class Action Settlement Reveals "Secret" Business, Similar to Amway/Quixtar's Exposed on NBC Dateline

Pyramid Scheme Alert has formally requested that the FTC investigate Amway/Quixtar's recruiting practices. It is now expanding this request to also include Herbalife, which follows the same pattern of deception.

Read more at: http://www.pyramidschemealert.org/PSAMain/news/herbalifeNWTW_settle.html

Plaintiffs accuse NWTW and Herbalife of:
- wire and mail fraud
- racketeering
- fraud and deceit
- operating an illegal pyramid scheme
- running an endless chain scheme under California law
- violation of California Seller-Assisted Marketing Scheme Law
- deceptive business practices

Read more at: http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/NWTW_first_amended.htm

A 14 year 4 Diamond Herbalife President's Team Member moves to another company

Visit http://www.yourbetterfuture.com to see why he chose to switch companies.

Visit http://www.AdvancingLives.com and take the 5-minute tour to learn more about the company he has chosen.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com