WAHM.com Boards
  I sell Avon
  Recruiting other Avon Reps

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Recruiting other Avon Reps
homemaker
New to WAHM.com
posted September 02, 2004 08:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for homemaker     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
This is just a question so I can better understand how Avon works as you get higher up the ranks. Can you recruit people that you never even physically see as your downline? I have seen more than one post on this board stating that (for example) an Avon rep who is in Maine is trying to help recruit someone who lives in California. I did not know this was allowed; if it is, the skys the limit then!! Can someone explain this to me?

IP: Logged

CARINGPERSON2
New to WAHM.com
posted September 02, 2004 11:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for CARINGPERSON2   Click Here to Email CARINGPERSON2     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HI THIS IS DIANE I BEEN SELLING FOR 26 YEARS. YES YOU CAN RECRUIT ANY ONE IN THE USA. CALL ME AND I CAN TELL YOU MORE. 1-530-573-0870 OR 1-877-826-0004 I TAKE CALLS FROM 7AM TILL 11PM EVERYDAY PST. I WOULD LIKE TO BEABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. GOOD LUCK.
DIANE GARON AVON REP

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 02, 2004 12:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You can only recruit people into your downline if the appointment is done face to face. You can refer anyone to become a rep, but you will only get the $20 after they place and pay for there order. That appointment will be done by a district manager or a helper and you will have to watch this progress closely, because some managers give your lead away and you will not get the credit. Also, that person will not go into anyones downline, and most likely will not be trained very well.

[This message has been edited by Skin Care Cheryl (edited September 04, 2004).]

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 02, 2004 02:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Just curious...have you ordered your leadership kit yet? It has all the information you need to get started into leadership, all the do's and dont's. I'm an advanced unit leader and recruiting has been my main focas in Avon.

homemaker
New to WAHM.com
posted September 02, 2004 02:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homemaker     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dear Cheryl,

No, I have not received my leadership kit--I have not yet heard from the DM who is supposed to contact me regarding signing up-it's only been a few days--but I have read from other newbies to Avon on this message board that it has taken awhile before they were first contacted too, so I'm just being patient. In the meantime, I'm also excited and Avon's on my mind so I thought I'd ask these questions until I hear from her.

Thanks Cheryl!

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 12:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excuse me, but it IS against Avon policy to do online appointments, and you can and will be removed from leadership if it gets to John Flemming. All appointments have to be done in person and what you are doing is wrong. Please don't post false information, it can come back to bite you, as you have just admitted what you and your DM are doing.

peridot
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 12:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for peridot     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well according to my DM it is okay
to sign up people in other states as
long as you can talk to them on the
phone and get all the paperwork and
materials sent to them.I would go by what your DM tells you.

------------------
http://www.youravon.com/gkizer
http://www.myavonlady.homestead.com

livinonspunk
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 09:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for livinonspunk   Click Here to Email livinonspunk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am not trying to start trouble or post incorrect info. I apologize. I was told we could and I have never had a DM in another state tell me I could not. Some have said they prefer to put them in someones downline in their distrcit which is fine with me and I get the $20 but others have told keep recruiting for my district please. I am being told by numerous DM's it is ok. I know the recent teleconfrence call they discussed this and about setting up rules for internet recruiting. But that was all i heard about it on there. I guess as long as my DM and the DM of the recruit are telling me to sign them up how can it be not ok????

------------------
Buy Or Sell Avon

Make $5 for each affiliate sign up!!

Visit My Homepage for work At Home Opportunities

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 11:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Let me just say this... I know someone who personaly lost a downline and the DM lost her job over doing this. DM do alot of things that are wrong, including making orders on accounts that belong to reps, just to keep there numbers up. These may be people who want their account closed, then they get a bill and wonder what's going on. Customer service then tells them to talk to the DM. There are DM loosing their jobs over this too, as it it causing law suits. I've been an assistant to my DM and seen so much dishonesty, that I get so close to quiting and I am one of the top recruiters in the district, all of my appointments have been done face to face. BTW, when I first started leadership, my DM told me also, that it was perfectly fine to recruit any where and all I needed to do was mail or fax the contract to the new recruit, then someone else in the district did this got cought and there was a big problem, after that my DM told everone not to do it, because she didn't want to get fired. If it would have come out, the people who had done appointments like that would have said they were told to do by DM. So don't always go by what your DM is saying, they arn't looking out for you.
You need to be the leader, not your DM, and part of that is teaching your downline how to do things right and to be honest. Can you imagine teaching everyone in your downline to do this, everyone gets cought after you made EUL and you loose it all. DM come ang go... so learn to stand on your own and become successful doing thing the right way!

I do have a question: Have you read your leadership manuel? Where AVON says, appointments MUST be done face to face. Your DM dosn't own Avon, Avon owns Avon, and you are supposed to be playing by Avons rules.

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 11:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I do have one more ??

So, if I gave John Flemming a copy of your posts, your names and phone numbers, would you still stick by the fact that you are not violating Avons leadership program, that it is perfectly O.K. to do this?

My advice, don't go around saying proudly that you do online and non face to face appointments and teaching other new reps that it is O.K. Have some integrity.

LunaAislin
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 11:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LunaAislin   Click Here to Email LunaAislin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheryl, Why do you care what other Avon reps do if it doesnt affect you directly?

livinonspunk
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 12:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for livinonspunk   Click Here to Email livinonspunk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I did read about the face to face but I was told they were in the process of changing everything. Maybe I was told wrong. I was just following the directions I have been given. If you cant count on your DM and you have no upline to teach you how are you suppose to know what is going on. This is really disturbing to me. As I said before I am not trying to stir up trouble. I am not trying to break rules. I love what I do and am not going to jepordize my business in anyway. I am working very hard to make this my fulltime job. I am only at ul status and 99% of my recruits have been face to face contacts. But if I have a lead and the Dm in the other state does the appt and puts her in my downline how can I get in trouble for something like that. Whne you submit it via the website sometimes the people never get contacted. I always get their info and call the DM personally. If she wants to the info I give it to her if she tells me to sign them up I have. I dont just call and say "hey I am signing up someone in your dist". They are telling me to sign them up. If it is not correct i am sorry. I am not trying to cheat or be misleading. I am just following the training i was given.

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 12:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I don't, but they shouldn't be miss leading new reps and posting like they know Avon's policies and saying that something is O.k. to do, when it's not!!!!

LunaAislin
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 12:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LunaAislin   Click Here to Email LunaAislin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That is very accurate in Michelles defense I contacted her directly and requested SPECIFICALLY that she was the one to sign me up. If it wasnt her it wouldnt have been anyone. We have gotten to know each other and she has been there for me every step of the way! I dont think her coming to my house would have done anything more than annoy me... she has however spent hours on the phone and online teaching me how to do things. So in my opinion reguardless of policy (cause i dont know what is accurate at this time) this is obviously a method that has worked in at least 1 instance.

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 12:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Saying you have no upline to help you is no excuse. Look at the Dreams magazine. Elizabeth Demas has no upline she can go to and she's doing extremely well as are the other on the cover. My upline did not teach me a thing. If you wanted to start your own Avon business bad enough, you would have found someone close to you to sign up with.

When you sign up with a direct selling company you are saying that you will follow their policies, if you want to make up your own policies, go start your own direct selling company.

[This message has been edited by Skin Care Cheryl (edited September 03, 2004).]

livinonspunk
WAHM.com regular
posted September 03, 2004 12:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for livinonspunk   Click Here to Email livinonspunk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I am not making excuses I am stating my own personal facts. I was told it was ok and that everyone is going to be doing this. I am saying if you cannot trust the training you are given by your DM then who can you trust?? Yourself I guess. I am not looking to pick a fight. I am not looking to take credit for things I should not. I am just trying to build my business and following what I was told. I am doing some training with our regional manager this month and will talk to her about it when I do. I would hope she can clarify everything for me. I do look at the people on the dreams magazine and look at how wonderful adn inspiring they are to all avon reps. I think of avon as more of a family not a business. You need to help and support everyone. Until then I am done with this conversation. I am not promoting or anything. I am not in the business to cause trouble or get into trouble. I LOVE working for this company and love meeting and helping people. But conflict is negative and do not want to be in the middle of any of this. Again I apologize to anyone and everyone. It is never my intention to offend or cheat. If what I have written was taken that way i am sorry. I am just an avon rep trying to make a living and help those who want to do the same.

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 03, 2004 01:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
You have many other people you can go to besides your DM. Yes you should speak to your RM, you can talk with John Flemming too. All I'm saying is that you need to becareful of what you say online, especially when posting about breaking a companies policy and what you share with new reps that have questions on these boards. If your not sure of the answer, don't answer it. My biggest problem is with DM, some of them are great, but some of them are bad. The bad one's really make it tough on new reps by giving them false info. Thay will say and do anything that makes them look good. Anyways... you guys can do what you want with your business...your the one who will lose out if Avon finds that your breaking leadership policies.

LunaAislin
WAHM.com regular
posted September 04, 2004 05:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LunaAislin   Click Here to Email LunaAislin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheryl,
You are absolutely right however I had absolutely no desire to start an Avon business bad enough to sign up with a local rep. I did speak with a lady in my area and she ended up showing up at my house at 7AM completely unannounced and was rude to my family, which is why I choose not to use a rep in the area. The fact that I have received so much help and support from my up line is something that I find revolting that you would over look it certainly shows me how you view your down line and I feel fortunate to have signed under who I did. Since you are so positive about your info I would very much like to know where I can find in writing or in my contract that this is specifically against policy. Furthermore while face to face is not a legally defined term surely something such as a video conference would be considered a face to face appointment. Avon does not specify in the contract nor in the leadership guide state that your appointment must be physically present during appointment. I did however call customer service and they told me that you were allowed to recruit from out of state as long as you had approval from the area DM and you provided proper training using the applicable kit to your down line. And in conclusion I would like to add that before signing up I had 5 people from the internet attempt to recruit me. Do you think it is possible that you were misinformed rather than the 5 people who attempted to recruit me, the 2 people on WAHM and the Avon customer service rep?

Skin Care Cheryl
New to WAHM.com
posted September 04, 2004 12:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Skin Care Cheryl   Click Here to Email Skin Care Cheryl     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Excuse me...misinformed.... customer service does not give recruiting information. Your contract has nothing to do with leadership rules, only your guidlines and responsabilties as an Avon rep. I know exactly what I'm talking about as far as leadership. My downline is doing awesome and one of my Mark Reps is #14 soon to be #1 out of all of Mark Reps, because she was trained right. Your saying because I don't break Avon leadership rules that I must not care about my downline? You know, if you'd like, I can call John Flemming, let him know how you and your upline and DM are recruiting, so that he can make sure you all understand the rules reguarding recruiting and I'll let leadership deal with you, since you want to recruit under your own rules.

Because some do it doesn't make it right, as the saying goes, if everyone jumps off a bridge, are you going to follow?

This is my last post here...you make Avon look bad...do what you want...you have to live with yourself!!

[This message has been edited by Skin Care Cheryl (edited September 04, 2004).]

livinonspunk
WAHM.com regular
posted September 04, 2004 01:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for livinonspunk   Click Here to Email livinonspunk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
please can we just end this thread. Avon is suppose to be fun adn everyone helping each other. seeing all this banter and bickering and threatening saddens me. I really love what I do and have never intended for anyone to get upset or angry. As I said I am meeting with my regional manager this month and will talk to her about it. Luna is not even in leadership or doing recruiting. There is nothing there to report on her. She is just a wonderful person who is trying to protect those who have helped her. This does show that a bond can be made even if you are not physically face to face on the sign up. But I am not saying it made it right. I am not saying it is wrong either. I am waiting to see what info I will be given from the higher ups. Please can we just end this thread and move on to positive things. Avon is a family.. yes families fight.. but they also resolve their conflicts and move on.

LunaAislin
WAHM.com regular
posted September 04, 2004 02:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LunaAislin   Click Here to Email LunaAislin     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheryl,
Actually I was referring specifically to you saying "Saying you have no upline to help you is no excuse. Look at the Dreams magazine. Elizabeth Demas has no upline she can go to and she's doing extremely well as are the other on the cover. My upline did not teach me a thing. If you wanted to start your own Avon business bad enough, you would have found someone close to you to sign up with." I thought that was very telling of you opinion. Reguardless although I am just as mouthy as anyone lol. I really dont want to start trouble for anyone either. Michelle (to my knowledge) has stopped recruiting online until she can contact the higer up and find out what she is supposed to be doing. I dont recruit anyways at the moment so this whole thread really doesnt effect me in a personal way. So I agree lets just end it here. This thread has really made me reconsider being an Avon rep. There are alot of direct selling companies out there and Im not sure I would want to be involved with something that has people like you meddling in my business making threats rather than trying to be supportive and educating. I have the same problem with my DM and her assistant.

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com